26 gallon 120L JUWEL stocking idea colourful please

paulinajgu

Reaction score
Hi
I am setting 120 Juwel Lido (60x41x58) and i need ideas on stocking. I really want a lively, full of colour tank. Open to any ideas.
Urgent as water filtering, ready to get fish in next couple of days. I would appreciate your suggestions

What are your water parameters? (pH, GH, and KH)

We need actual numbers. (dH or ppm)

You can find this information out on your local water providers website. (Or by calling them)

In addition to what @essjay says please read this if you have not already done so. Aplogies if you know this already but fish shops love to tell customers to run the filter for a few days and everything will be fine to add fish - sadly this is not true, and the biggest reason we get so many "help my fish are dying" posts.

As Pheonix says, we need your hardness. As your location is London, the chances are you have hard water. I've heard London water called liquid rock because it's so hard :)

But to make sure, look on your water company's website. You need a number and the unit of measurement rather than words. (The unit is important as UK water companies often use units we don't use in fishkeeping).

The good news is that if you do have hard to very hard water, there are many colourful fish to choose from. The main limiting factor will be the tank size; although it contains 120 litres/31 gallons, it is only 60 cm/24 inches long, being almost as tall as it is long.

In fishkeeping, it's always American gallons rather than Imperial gallons so your tank is 31 gallons not 26 :)

As the others have said, you need to cycle your tank before you can get fish. This is the process of growing two colonies of bacteria which remove the ammonia excreted by the fish. It takes several weeks to grow these colonies though this time can be shortened by using Tetra Safe Start.
This process is what seangee is referring to and the link in Pheonix's post is the method for carrying out the cycle.

If your water is hard, and you want lots of colour and variety....

Endler Guppies.

You cant go wrong with their stunning colours on such small fish

If your water is hard, and you want lots of colour and variety....

Endler Guppies.

You cant go wrong with their stunning colours on such small fish
At this point, we do not know the OP's water parameters yet, so we cannot make any suggestions.

At this point, we do not know the OP's water parameters yet, so we cannot make any suggestions.
Said "IF" their water is hard. Since OP is in q city known for hard water, its likely. Nothing wrong with a tentative suggestion.

That is all i managed to find. Is that helpful?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200622-180318_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200622-180318_Samsung Internet.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 160
In addition to what @essjay says please read this if you have not already done so. Aplogies if you know this already but fish shops love to tell customers to run the filter for a few days and everything will be fine to add fish - sadly this is not true, and the biggest reason we get so many "help my fish are dying" posts.
Thank you I will read it now

Most reactions

Back