24-Hour Cold Brewed Coffee, For All Of The Coffee Lovers!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ech0o

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I figured I am finally enjoying my coffee at such an immense level that I feel I need to share and express my enjoyment with my current brewing method.  The method I am referring to is the Toddy method cold brew and results in an extremely smooth coffee concentrate able to be easily mixed like espresso to make your favorite coffee drinks, or even mixed with some water and heated for a traditional cup.  I instead of a Toddy brewer use my french press, it is much easier and works extremely well!!

Glad I stumbled upon this on my search for the ultimate coffee bean. Remember always get your beans fresh roasted from either a local or online roaster, and always fresh grind your beans for their maximum flavor!!

DIY COLD BREW COFFEE RECIPE
http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/do-it-yourself/2011/08/how-to-make-cold-brew-coffee/

The only question I would have is how do you drink the stuff. I've tried coffee at many places and I swear it's like drinking dirt in a cup :p

Hmmm, interesting. I love new methods, and am a huge fan of the slow food movement.

This I will have to try. Grinder is already set up.

I personally can't touch tea, but love coffee, this does sound interesting....

drool.gif

Might have to look into this.  With it being cold brewed, are there chemical differences in the cold brew versus the hot?

techen said:
The only question I would have is how do you drink the stuff. I've tried coffee at many places and I swear it's like drinking dirt in a cup
tongue2.gif

Don't :sick: my
drool.gif
!

EA, the reason I actually stumbled upon it was for exactly that reason.  I was having an issue with the acidity of a new bean I was trying, and didn't want to waste the whole bag as I was getting pretty severe acid reflux, so was looking for a way to brew out some of the acidity.  This is what the fellow Toddy originally was trying to do, as his mother always had an issue drinking coffee.    

The cold water vs. the hot leaves behind most of the bitterants, and a lot of the oils, leaving a nice stomach friendly, HIGHLY CAFFEINATED brew.   It would be ideal for anyone who has experienced a little heartburn from their darker coffees!!

Most reactions

Back