2024 NFL Discussion

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sigh, my Browns just can't get a break. Their first series they lose another center. If my count is right in five games plus a series they are on their fifth center and have also had both tackles miss game time...

Sigh, my Browns offense couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag with the bottom ripped out. :(

Granted that all the offensive line injuries makes things harder but that isn't why they are losing. They are losing due to no one being able to catch a ball other than Tillman. Amari Cooper has probably dropped more balls than he's caught. Add to that numerous stupid penalties and they don't have a chance.

While the defense has played well enough to win many games they also are making stupid mistakes. Shoot, last week against Washington, they had back to back penalties for having twelve players on the field.

In today's loss, 20-16, against Philly the offense didn't score a single point as all sixteen were by special teams with a blocked field goal for a TD and three field goals. Ya, you could say that the offense got them in range for the kicks but some were field goals instead of touch downs due to penalties. At one point they should have been first and goal on the three but there is offensive pass interference and an offensive face mask called. Granted it was a bogus call as the defender pretty much tackled the receiver and it should have been defensive pass interference but there is still the face mask, which the announcers couldn't find. At the worst it should have been offsetting penalties but, when you have the most penalties in the league, such calls are usually going to go against you.

At least, from what the announcers indicated, Nick Chubb is supposed to be back next week but he fix the penalties and dropped passes. Also, he has missed the last 21 games after a second reconstruction on the same knee on the same knee so no one can say how effective he will be. First reconstruction was when he was still in college. Still his return could be a major emotional lift for the team as he, if as good as he was, he is one of the top three runners in the game but, then again, how many premier runners can you name that didn't have an offensive line good enough to, at least, open the first hole?

I don't really know the answer but the team has too much overall talent to be playing this bad even with line injuries. I mean they are 12/66 on third down conversions. Even with a hurt offensive line this is NOT acceptable.

They just don't seem to be prepared for the game when they come on the field. I don't know who to blame for that other then the coaching staff.

I was rooting for the Browns hard today but you're right....i like anyone that plays the feables, 9ers or the Cowgurls lol.

Bears are looking a bit better each week on offense. It really helps when you can run the ball and take the pressure off of your QB

I was rooting for the Browns hard today but you're right....i like anyone that plays the feables, 9ers or the Cowgurls lol.

Bears are looking a bit better each week on offense. It really helps when you can run the ball and take the pressure off of your QB
I have a bit of a soft spot with the 49ers but that is largely due to Dexter Carter, from the 1980's 49ers being a computer client of mine when I had my business in Florida. Hmmm, mayhaps his wife was also an influence... ex Miami Dolphins cheerleader. 😈

As to Dallas and Philly I will always go for whoever they are playing unless they are playing someone in my Browns' division or their winning could help my Browns. With Dallas it from way back in the day when the only time they played it meant something toward a championship. Not so much today but they used to be pretty big rivals. As to Philly I more dislike their fans more then the team. As an example I remember when I lived in Jacksonville Beach Florida Philly and the Pats were playing the Super Bowl. I went to the boardwalk by the ocean with my 'monster' black lab wearing a Browns shirt and a Philly fan got in my face saying that he would kick my behind (not how he said it) because I wasn't backing Philly if I didn't have a big dog with me. I spent seven months in the Naval Hospital in Philly and went to many Philly baseball games in the old Veteran's Stadium and it was the same there. If you left the game and were wearing the opponent's shirt and Philly lost you were likely to get jumped but the Philly fans that did this were basically cowards and would not do anything unless it was like three of them and one of you. Before I left Ohio in 1987 I drove to Pittsburgh for Browns' away games wearing a Browns shirt but was never bothered. Ya, we were major rivals but there was also respect involved. Of course there were some exceptions but you would never see what I saw in Philly. It was sad and disgusting. Shoot, I remember one year when the Browns were in the playoffs and Pittsburgh were not. Due to some business I had to go to Pittsburgh and there were signs all over the place saying 'Go Browns' and such. Ya, we were major rivals yet there was also respect. From my experience Philly fans can't even spell respect. In my humble opinion they are the worst fan base in either sport.

My Browns just got rid of Amari Cooper to the Bills. Cooper just seems to have lost it probably dropping as many balls as he's caught.

Bills get Cooper and a 2025 6th round pick that actually comes from Detroit.
Browns get a 3rd round pick in 2025 and a 7th round pick in 2026.

Most reactions

Back