2023-2024 NFL Discussion

6 days left.jpeg

superbowl 58 .jpeg

This should be a great game with terrific football. Now I have to decide who I’m backing. I have great respect for both teams.

Anyone else hiding from the NFL this week? I do my best to avoid all the Super Bowl Week crud. There is so much hype no game could live up to it so I just avoid the hype. ;)

So, what are we eating for the Super Bowl? Normally I'd probably do BBQ sticky wings. Doing the same but with sirloin tips instead of wings. Got two 1 pound packages of tips with my Omaha Steaks order that arrived today and seems like a good way to try them out. I'll use half of a package for the game and save the other for something else, possibly Stroganoff.

So, what are we eating for the Super Bowl? Normally I'd probably do BBQ sticky wings. Doing the same but with sirloin tips instead of wings. Got two 1 pound packages of tips with my Omaha Steaks order that arrived today and seems like a good way to try them out. I'll use half of a package for the game and save the other for something else, possibly Stroganoff.
I was thinking chili made with sirloin tips instead of ground beef. I use a mixture of ancho and a little chipotle for spice. No tomatoes. Diced onion, grated cheddar and grated egg for the topping. I like food spicy so I’ll need fresh sliced jalapeños too.

I was thinking chili made with sirloin tips instead of ground beef. I use a mixture of ancho and a little chipotle for spice. No tomatoes. Diced onion, grated cheddar and grated egg for the topping. I like food spicy so I’ll need fresh sliced jalapeños too.
I haven't done chili in quite a while and need to correct that. My preference is venison chili using ground venison and stir-fry beef; 2 pounds of venison and 2-3 pounds of stir fry beef. Have to have tomatoes and three different beans in the stuff for me. I do it in a 2 gallon slow cooker and bag and freeze a lot. BTW, as to the beans, I use red kidney, black and white beans.

Omaha sells venison but only steaks, not ground. Not about to pay $100.00 USD for 4 7.5 ounce steaks. I like their meat and prices but venison and bison are off the wall. I may try bison and beef chili sometime but I would get the bison at my local grocery for $10.00 USD/pound. Omaha wants $22.50 USD/pound which isn't gonna happen. ;) Sigh used to be a lady in my apartments that had sons that hunted and she would toss me a couple of pounds of ground venison for chili and I'd give her a full quart bag of chili in return. Unfortunately she moved out. Worked out great as I got the venison for free and she got what she claimed was the best venison chili she ever had.

Sigh... here I am rambling again... I REALLY need to try to stop that... Probably won't unless I get yelled at as... As Popeye would say, "I yam what I yam and that's that I yam.". ;)

I haven't done chili in quite a while and need to correct that. My preference is venison chili using ground venison and stir-fry beef; 2 pounds of venison and 2-3 pounds of stir fry beef. Have to have tomatoes and three different beans in the stuff for me. I do it in a 2 gallon slow cooker and bag and freeze a lot. BTW, as to the beans, I use red kidney, black and white beans.

Omaha sells venison but only steaks, not ground. Not about to pay $100.00 USD for 4 7.5 ounce steaks. I like their meat and prices but venison and bison are off the wall. I may try bison and beef chili sometime but I would get the bison at my local grocery for $10.00 USD/pound. Omaha wants $22.50 USD/pound which isn't gonna happen. ;) Sigh used to be a lady in my apartments that had sons that hunted and she would toss me a couple of pounds of ground venison for chili and I'd give her a full quart bag of chili in return. Unfortunately she moved out. Worked out great as I got the venison for free and she got what she claimed was the best venison chili she ever had.

Sigh... here I am rambling again... I REALLY need to try to stop that... Probably won't unless I get yelled at as... As Popeye would say, "I yam what I yam and that's that I yam.". ;)
Now you made me hungry! 😳

IMG_3187.png

Till Super Bowl
IMG_3188.jpeg

Last edited:
Less than 24 hours to kickoff and I have succeeded in avoiding all the hype. ;)

I was sort of up in the air as to which team I was going to pull for but the 49ers are the one. Sort of tired of constantly hearing about KC and have a little soft spot for SF that goes back quite a while with Dexter Carter (SF player) being a former client from when I lived in Florida.

To all who celebrate, I hope it's a good one.
That is all I really hope for, a good game. This is one of the reason I avoid all the hype as no game can match the hype. LOL! The only time I would likely celebrate is if my Browns were in the game and won... This year the Lions would have possibly fit but didn't happen. ;)

LOL! I get a kick out of your apparent excitement with the game. ;) For me it isn't all that much, I just hope that it is a good game which is why I've avoided all the hype this past week.

Sorry to be a bit cynical but, to me, the Super Bowl is no longer a championship but, rather, a media event. For example the halftime is twice as long as a normal game just to produce a show that has nothing to do with the game. Ya, call me old school but I much preferred when, years ago, the NFL was a sport instead of a media entertainment event. Yep, I still love the NFL but miss the days when it was not centered on media attention.

Most reactions

Back