2024 MLB season

Don't see this often...

1) Jose Ramirez, Cleveland 3rd base, hits home runs in two consecutive innings.

2) The same inning as Jose's second homer he was the third of a back-to-back-to-back set of home runs on the way to a 10-4 win over the Angels.

Cleveland is now 34-17 but I wish that someone would beat the Royals as they are only 1.5 games back as they have both won seven straight.
I had a room mate back in the 90s who was from cleveland and every year he would root for their baseball and football teams and every year....

I had a room mate back in the 90s who was from cleveland and every year he would root for their baseball and football teams and every year....
I hear and have experienced what you say but the current Cleveland organizations seems a bit different...

As to the Browns; they seem to be on the edge needing that "killer run stopping" middle linebacker and a 'franchise QB'. I don't think that either Watson or Flaco is the answer as Watson just does not seem to really fit the offensive scheme and Flaco just has too many critical turnovers.

As to baseball they just may have the best origination in the league overall including the minor leagues. The New England Pats in the NFL sort of coined the phrase "next man up" but Cleveland has brought that attitude to baseball. I mean they lose Frankie Lindor at 2nd base and bring in a rookie from their farm clubs to replace. Not only did this rookie play well but made the All-star team as a rookie.

Then there was last year when, for a decent part of the season, due to injuries, they had 4 rookies as starting pitchers and were still in the race until the end.

Now, this year, they lose their ace starting pitcher Bieber after just two starts for the season. Even though he is now playing in the minors in rehab they lose their left fielder Kwan for quite a time. Kwan is only in his third year yet already has two gold gloves. There is not much doubt that he is the best left fielder in the game. Yet, with Kwan, it isn't just the defense. When he went out with a hammy he led the league with a batting average of over .350. He also was in the top few as to runs scored, hits with runners in scoring position and a few others. Then there is Tyler Freeman playing center field. Never before has he ever played outfield in the majors but the Cleveland staff saw something and made the move. Already he is talked about as a potential gold glove winner in the position.

I'm not saying that Cleveland is going to win the World Series or anything as it is way too early to even think in that direction. I'm just saying that they have proven themselves to be one of, if not the best, organizations in the game overall. Still, with losing your best pitcher and the top lead-off hitter this year so far, they are still 34-17 with two games left in the series against the Angels followed with three against the Rockies. I really don't expect it to actually happen but it is not out of line to consider that Cleveland could sweep the Angels and Rockies to put them at 39-17 and 22 games over .500 with 4 straight series sweeps.

YEA!!!! The Royals finally lost a game! Cleveland now leads the division by 2.5 games after beating the Angels today for their third straight series sweeps. :) Now it is on to the Rockies starting tomorrow. Actually playing the Rockies worries me a little. Ya, Cleveland is hitting a lot of homers and the 'lighter' air is good for their current offense but not so much for their pitchers as the 'lighter' air lessens the ball movement as the ball spin has less to act against.

Cleveland: 36-17; 19 games over .500.

So.... I already know which MLB I think has the worse name; but who do you think has the absolute worse name....

Actually I'll add to the worst name in the MLB. I also don't like the name 'Nationals'.

So good to see Cleveland's gold glove left fielder Kwan back on the field after almost a month out with a pretty bad hammy. When he went out he led the league with a batting average of over .350 and also led the league with the most three hit games. First game back he gets three hits and two runs scored still, even with close to a month off, he still leads as to three, or more, hits in a game. He also had an awesome catch in the field.

Welcome back Mr. Kwan! :)

Cleveland hit the twenty games over .500 mark at 39-19 and increased their lead over the Royals to five games. :)

Jose Ramirez, third base, is just a freak of nature. In today's game he beat out two infield hits After the first hit in the first inning he later scored. In the seventh he beat out another infield hit and then stole second but that wasn't enough for him. He actually scored from second on a wild pitch for the game winning run. He is the oldest player on the team but still plays like he is twenties at thirty one. He is the heartbeat of the club with his aggressive base running, excellent defense and maturity in the locker room. Yet he is also a clown and always pulls antics in the dugout to pick up the team when they are down. The other players totally love him and try their best to follow his attitude and style of play and it shows.

So now for a serious question... This thread started with posts from several members but it seems like it is now a journal about how my team is going. Be honest! Do I post too often about Cleveland turning off others? If that is the case please say so and I will cut back to where I only post major things. Honestly this would not be a major thing for me. I love my Cleveland baseball but I also know that I tend to go on and on. I would just really like to see back posting like when the thread started and feel that I may be at fault as to the loss of other posts.

Post away. You are a FANatic and that is a fun thing. My interest in baseball waned when they went to nearly exclusive night games. I do get MLB channel so I can watch the occasional non Mets oh Yankee gamers which I avoid. I am a Dodger fan dating from the Brooklyn days but can not get excited about them because I do not like bought teams.

Now when FB season gets just you wait to hear me on the Pack … win lose or occasional draw.

I don't expect the Red Sox to do very well AGAIN this year. So I doubt I'll be watching much baseball this year. But meanwhile, the Celtics are having a super GREAT season so I may be watching the playoffs soon even though I'm not really a fan of basketball.
Also don't have much faith that the Patriots will improve much this year so I most likely will root for the Chiefs and the 49ers.
Last I saw they did well vs the Tigers, I'm not always as up to date with it all as some other folks though.

And regarding what Oldspartan said, I'm not a fan of the night games much either because of the time difference it means if I want to watch games live I'm potentialy up way after midnight. So I'm frequently watching them on the MLB archive.

Last edited:
As of noon today EST --> MLB standings.
Philadelphia 41 - 18 .695
NY Yankees 41 - 19 .683
Cleveland 39 - 19 .672

Pity i no longer live in Boston; red sox have no chance.

WOW!! What a game today for Cleveland against the Royals who went in just 4 games behind Cleveland. Cleveland went down early 0-5 but just don't know how to give up and ended up winning 8-5 to put KC 5 games back.

LOL! Sometimes I think that Cleveland is too young to believe a game is ever over. They are still the youngest average age in MLB with third base Jose Ramirez the oldest player on the team at 31. Win or lose they are just fun to watch with their speed and base running and a gold glove in left field and a platinum glove at second to always make their defense fun to watch.

I sometimes just don't get the MLB scheduling. As of today Cleveland had an 8 day stretch with 3 days off. Now tomorrow they start a stretch of 13-14 straight days playing which can be murder on a bullpen. It just doesn't make sense to me. :dunno:

Say Hey, a great ball player is deceased. Willie Mays is one of the greats from the golden years and although he helped break my tender age heart in 1961 I always respected his game and person.

Goodbye to a childhood hero.

That Willie Mays news - I am glad I got to see him play, but I am aware I was a little kid and took it for granted. It's sad news.

The Red Sox beat the Blue Jays last night - something I enjoyed. I've had a loyalty problem since Montreal lost its team, and have largely been a Boston fan. I watch a lot of Toronto games, rooting for them to lose so the Cleveland guys they hired a few years back can be fired and a better team can be built. Congrats to Cleveland on replacing them with more talented planners, but man, they are awful managers up north now. @jaylach , you were well rid of Shapiro and Atkins.They're driving in a fog with their high beams on.

I often wish I could still play. The arm still works, but the legs, eyes, hips, feet, and butt just don't do what they should. Mays had a quote where he said when he was out in center he just wanted to feel it forever. Even players with no talent feel that one.

Since I moved to a new region, I don't even coach kids anymore. I still never pass an aquarium store or a ball field without considering the impossible possibilities...

Most reactions

Back