2023-2024 NFL Discussion

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Going on to 2023... :)

My Browns took a major loss with the season ending knee injury to Nick Chubb but 2nd year back Food stepped in and ran for 106 yards. He also had a reception on a screen pass that he took for 69 yards. Not sure on other receptions but a minimum of 175 total yards is nothing to sneeze at against the Steelers' defense. Ford will probably be the #1 back but they still need another.

Enter Kareem Hunt who played for Cleveland behind Chubb the last 4 seasons but was released due to Ford. Hunt signed again with Cleveland Wednesday morning and already pretty well knows the playbook. I think that Ford as #1 and Hunt as #2 will still give the Browns one of the most dominate running games. Shoot, even with Chubb missing most of the second game they still lead the NFL with, I think, 404 rushing yards. People in Cleveland are freaking out about the loss of Chubb, and it is a BIG loss, but I think their running game is going to be just fine. The Browns didn't lose by 4 to the Steelers due to the loss of Chub. They lost due to 4 turnovers and a non-call on a blatant pass interference on their last drive.

The passing game is a different matter. I was against the Browns getting Watson at QB the moment they did it for 2 reasons... leaving off off-field issues. First I think that 2 years off is too long and he has lost the 'muscle memory'. He has had plenty of time to get back to game condition but just isn't there. His passing is awful. Hopefully this will improve but I don't think that he will ever return to his prior form. Second is that Watson is/was fitted to a downfield passing game and the Browns are a run first offense with the passing game being primarily short to intermediate passing. This is just not watson's game style.

Going on to 2023... :)

My Browns took a major loss with the season ending knee injury to Nick Chubb but 2nd year back Food stepped in and ran for 106 yards. He also had a reception on a screen pass that he took for 69 yards. Not sure on other receptions but a minimum of 175 total yards is nothing to sneeze at against the Steelers' defense. Ford will probably be the #1 back but they still need another.

Enter Kareem Hunt who played for Cleveland behind Chubb the last 4 seasons but was released due to Ford. Hunt signed again with Cleveland Wednesday morning and already pretty well knows the playbook. I think that Ford as #1 and Hunt as #2 will still give the Browns one of the most dominate running games. Shoot, even with Chubb missing most of the second game they still lead the NFL with, I think, 404 rushing yards. People in Cleveland are freaking out about the loss of Chubb, and it is a BIG loss, but I think their running game is going to be just fine. The Browns didn't lose by 4 to the Steelers due to the loss of Chub. They lost due to 4 turnovers and a non-call on a blatant pass interference on their last drive.

The passing game is a different matter. I was against the Browns getting Watson at QB the moment they did it for 2 reasons... leaving off off-field issues. First I think that 2 years off is too long and he has lost the 'muscle memory'. He has had plenty of time to get back to game condition but just isn't there. His passing is awful. Hopefully this will improve but I don't think that he will ever return to his prior form. Second is that Watson is/was fitted to a downfield passing game and the Browns are a run first offense with the passing game being primarily short to intermediate passing. This is just not watson's game style.
Well I am a Brit who has supported the Broncos since 1987 and I feel like spitting my dummy out and to stop following the entire NFL right now. It has been a very painful few years. I don't know how your QB Watson will pan out, but his chances of returning to form are probably a lot better than Russell Wilson. Unlucky about Chubb. Season ending injuries are another painful regular happening with the NFL compared to other sports it feels to me, and it always seems to be your top player or player in your top 3 or 4 that gets an acl tear or something. I don't have a vested interest in the JETS, but Rodgers going down for the year was a sickener.

Atleast you have one of the best players in the entire NFL in Myles Garrett. He impacts on virtually every snap he is involved in. We have CB Patrick Surtain and then nobody else that probably cracks the top 100 players.

Well I am a Brit who has supported the Broncos since 1987 and I feel like spitting my dummy out and to stop following the entire NFL right now. It has been a very painful few years. I don't know how your QB Watson will pan out, but his chances of returning to form are probably a lot better than Russell Wilson. Unlucky about Chubb. Season ending injuries are another painful regular happening with the NFL compared to other sports it feels to me, and it always seems to be your top player or player in your top 3 or 4 that gets an acl tear or something. I don't have a vested interest in the JETS, but Rodgers going down for the year was a sickener.

Atleast you have one of the best players in the entire NFL in Myles Garrett. He impacts on virtually every snap he is involved in. We have CB Patrick Surtain and then nobody else that probably cracks the top 100 players.
The problem in Denver isn't Wilson. The problem is a lack of an offensive line.

While he isn't a Nick Chubb the Browns did resign Kareem Hunt. Many say that he is too old but he is only 28.

WOW! What an amazing defensive performance by my Browns against the Titans! They only gave up a total of 94 yards to the Titans for the entire game and Derick Henry only got 20 yards rushing. Browns won 27-3. It could e4asily have been 35-0. The Titans' only points came from a Browns' turnover in their own red zone. Even with that the Titans' drive for the field goal actually netted a minus 9 yards. Browns got robbed of a touchdown due to either an early or inadvertent whistle to stop the play... really not sure exactly what happened there. :dunno:

Miles Garrett had 3.5 sacks and as a team the Browns had 5 sacks. They have a ridiculous number as to stopping the opponent on third down with something like 8 first downs out of like 43 attempts... I can't seem to find the exact numbers. In three games they have only given up an average of 132.3 yards to the opponent.

I am SO happy! :) I love defense. I played both ways in high school but always preferred defense.

OMG!!!!! In today's NFL how is it even possible that Denver lost 70-20 to Miami????? :dunno:

Last edited:
Go Browns! The Forty Niners are no longer undefeated even if the officials did steal away a Browns touchdown with a totally bogus holding call. Even the in game New York analyst called it a bogus call. Later in the game San Fran was guilty of a face mask and the officials tried to put the penalty on the Browns but were forced to reverse the call. Defense won the game only giving up a total of 215 yards. Not bad for not having Nick Chubb and playing your third string quarterback.

Browns 19, San Fran 17. :banana: :band:

With a final score of 39-38 you wouldn't think the Browns' number one ranked defense won the game but they did... especially Miles Garret with two strip sacks and a blocked field goal. Garret directly accounted for 17 of the Browns' 39 points. He is a beast and arguably the best edge rusher in the NFL.

Browns' running back Ford wasn't bad either with a 69 yard touchdown run on the third play of the game. The offense is messing up a lot but they are playing a third string rookie quarterback.

Really too early to judge with the Browns only 6 games into their season but they are starting to remind me a bit of the 2000 Ravens with Dilfer at quarterback. As with the 2000 Ravens, the Browns are winning games with dominate defensive play. Still the offense came through at the end with a winning touchdown with less than a minute left in the game and then the defense closed the game with another forced fumble recovery.

LOL! The radio announcers were calling them the 'Cardiac Kids' referring to the team from 1985 to 1993 with Bernie Kosar at quarterback who were tagged with the handle of 'Cardiac Kids'. I'll never forget a divisional playoff game against the Jets where the Browns were down by ten points with four minutes left in the game. Browns rallied and tied the game then won in double overtime. During that period the Browns also had a dominate defense with players like Chip Banks, Pepper Johnson and Clay Mathews Sr. at linebackers. They were backed up by Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield (probably the best tandem at the time) at corners and Thom Darden at Safety having three all pro awards.

With 3 1/2 minutes left to play, Mahomes of KC has 424 passing yards, 4 touchdown passes and 31 rushing yards. KC leads 31 to 17. Mahomes has 32 completions of 42 attempts.

So I'm guessing the season has started already.
:p

Patriots beat the Buffalo Bills 29-25..amazing

prediction:
Patriots will be in the Superbowl this year
next joke

Last edited:
Cousins did extremely well
378 passing yards
35 completions out of 45 thrown

I swear that my Browns' offense can't get out of their own way. :( Up by three over Seattle with the ball and less than two minutes and ya throw an interception and lose the game. :dunno:

Cousins joins Rogers with an Achilles tear... Mayhaps I'm wrong but it seems there are more and more injuries in the NFL over the last several years. Hmmm, cut out a preseason game and restrict how much contact is allowed during practice... Mayhaps the players just are not really in proper game condition. :dunno:

I swear that my Browns' offense can't get out of their own way. :( Up by three over Seattle with the ball and less than two minutes and ya throw an interception and lose the game. :dunno:

Cousins joins Rogers with an Achilles tear... Mayhaps I'm wrong but it seems there are more and more injuries in the NFL over the last several years. Hmmm, cut out a preseason game and restrict how much contact is allowed during practice... Mayhaps the players just are not really in proper game condition. :dunno:
The frequency of injury has gotten to be ridiculous. Rarely do you see a team playing on all cylinders. What’s the cause? You named two. Also players are bigger and stronger than ever.

Most reactions

Back