20 Gallon Glowlight Tetra Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Those are actually far more common and easy to find here than hasbrosus, however I have read they are far more often mid water swimmers than substrate dweller. Would you say that's true? Would that be a problem in a 20 tall with 20 ish mid to low dwelling tetras?

Corydoras pygmaeus do spend a lot of time off the substrate; they are continually browsing every surface, including plant leaves and even those close to the surface. C. hastatus is quite a mid-water swimmer. C. habrosus I had some years ago, and if memory serves me correctly they were less upper-water.

I had a bit of a search on Planet Catfish and came up with four cory species that are known to inhabit the Essquibo River system:

If you click on the species name, it will take you to the profile of that species.

Corydoras pygmaeus do spend a lot of time off the substrate; they are continually browsing every surface, including plant leaves and even those close to the surface. C. hastatus is quite a mid-water swimmer. C. habrosus I had some years ago, and if memory serves me correctly they were less upper-water.

I had a bit of a search on Planet Catfish and came up with four cory species that are known to inhabit the Essquibo River system:

If you click on the species name, it will take you to the profile of that species.

I think a small school of c. melanistius would look phenomenal in this type of tank and would definitely be the easiest to find. Would it be a problem to fit enough of them in the 20 tall though?

I think a small school of c. melanistius would look phenomenal in this type of tank and would definitely be the easiest to find. Would it be a problem to fit enough of them in the 20 tall though?

I would prefer a longer tank but having said that, I don't see why a group of 7-8 would not work.

Would any of y’all suggest a good place for ordering fish online?
I can get glowlights and embers locally from Petco but I’ve never seen N. eques or c. habrosus

Would any of y’all suggest a good place for ordering fish online?
I can get glowlights and embers locally from Petco but I’ve never seen N. eques or c. habrosus

No idea where you are, but if in the US, there is The Wet Spot in Portland, Oregon that throughout the year has a lot of wild fish, and they do mail order.

Most reactions

Back