2 Female Bettas?

i wasnt flameing i was just saying that would be a reason its ill a 2g tank is to small and ammonia and nirtate will build up quickly and bad water conditoins will make it ill. you wouldnt keep a oscar in a 10g tank where it can just turn round so why do it to a betta?
and if people are going to be like that maby i shouldnt help people on this forum.
kieran

Hi All! The advice thats been given is good advice. At minimum 3Gals for one betta, even if 2 girls are divivded in the same tank its still not ok as the nitrites etc will get too high causing the fish to get ill and maybe die. Some people may divide a 3G for 2 bettas and yes we can't tell people what to do but if people ask for help then we assume there going to take the advice if they care about fish they wont do the opposite to the advice they have been given. Unless you have atleast 6G i would think about dividing the tank into 2. Also i would say 10G is the smallest to keep a group of girls in, 6 girls at the minimum no less. Hope you take the advice! :D

Edit: because another post got between mine and the one I was intending to comment on.

EDIT:
**COMMENT REMOVED**

How many bettas have you really got, and what are there tank sizes?

I currently have 1 female betta in one gallon bowl.

Sorry i asked that because i read on your previous post that, you had a betta in a 1/2g bowl :|

The best advice has been given, transfer the betta to filtered 3g tank.
Hope that helps! :)

To Karplunk there is a lot of great advice already, dont worry about your betta, all are different with different tempraments, a bigger bowl would be better and may bring her out of her shell a little, something like a apple snail may also provide her good company. I only have boys but some are fiesty and others are quite demure, all of them though like human company and interaction. So dont worry too much, if you can get a bigger tank preferably with a filter it would be of benefit to you and your bettas as also you would not have to do water changes so often :) Any pics of the said sweetie?

Most reactions

Back