180 Litre Advice

cor2008

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 180 litre (48 us gallons) fairly heavily planted tank which has been running since December(cloned from my 110 litre).

The inhabitants are:

1 Male & 1 Female Appistogramma Borelli
12 Harlequins
8 Neon Tetra
4 Peppered Corys

Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on something to complete the setup. Have my appistos now about 2 months or so and are by far my favourite fish and would like a pair of Apistogramma cacatuoides as would like something a bit larger as the final fish but would be a bit worried that they may be a problem for my smaller borelli?

Or would love a pair of keyhole cichlids if they would be compatible with above stocking? They probably would be my ideal fish as they are peaceful and grow to a nice size.

I have thought also about the blue ram but the temperature of my tank is probable a bit low i think, currently 24c (and drops too about 23c some nights) and would prefer not to go too much higher as i think peppered corys prefer a cooler temp.

Also not possible unfortunately to get Bolivian rams.

Also thought about angels but decided against as they probably grow a bit big.

Some advice would be great

Cheers

The keyholes would be fine with the fish you currently have.

Thanks minxfishy, wont be adding them for a few weeks but think ill definitly get a pair of keyholes (whats the recommendation for numbers, one of the books i have says a pair but i think i read elsewhere 4?)

Cheers

Stick with two, even if they turn out to be both the same sex, you wont have any problems with them, they are very peaceful and if your lucky enough to get a m/f pair, even then they should be fine if they spawn, they might chase the other fish away but I doubt much aggression would occur.

Most reactions

Back