150l

Thanks,

It does look tall for L.Brasiliensis...

Yes it did, I got it from AE, so I am sure it is the Brasiliensis one. Now I have T5 and I don’t use it any more in this scape, but in my shrimps tank under T8 and no CO2 the grow is very short and very, very slow.

There's no harm in entering AGA if only for comments. It's a great way to get some constructive criticism and input.

The AGA is a big fish for me, showing my aquarium next to the CAU, Steve Shong, probably Pjan etc. is quiet intimidating. But I understand your point. I wanted to enter the french contest (I am French), the jury is Amano, Knott and Sabat, but I was short of time…

Not to much of an update. I added a black background witch make the aquarium smaller but give a nice contrast with the plants. I added as well a pump Hydor Seltz external 1200l/h to have a stronger current, but I must have messed up my plumbing because the Eheim seamed to have lost a bit of debit.

25-05-07001.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality.
At the beginning I wanted the right bush quiet low, but now I have second thought and wonder if it's best to let it grow higher and spread it a little more on the left.
Any suggestions?

Not to much changes, just some trimming growing and planting of some Eleocharis Vivipara behind the Arcicularis. Will see.

02-06-07021.jpg

02-06-07011.jpg

02-06-07015.jpg

02-06-07013.jpg

02-06-07019.jpg

02-06-07025.jpg

02-06-07006.jpg

02-06-07017.jpg

02-06-07026.jpg

DevUK: Thanks, but don't be jealous :lol:. All the plants I have are easy. KISS (Keep It Stupid and Simple) ;)

Rsands: Thanks, I thought about it few month ago. But I often change my mind and move things around. So having two substrates of different colour...they will be mess up pretty quickly. :lol:

Hi alexandre it seems to me that you have a natural talent for this hobby, the layouts you are producing are very good, the next time you feel the urge to redo your setup why not try some more challenging plants just to see what you can really achieve. very nice planted setup regards john :good:

Very nice tank,it looks a lot better with that new growth.

Maybe it will be a scape that you finish?

Love the tank!

Thanks very mush.

Hi alexandre it seems to me that you have a natural talent for this hobby, the layouts you are producing are very good, the next time you feel the urge to redo your setup why not try some more challenging plants just to see what you can really achieve. very nice planted setup regards john :good:

"Natural talent" it is a bit to mush, I don't do aquascaping for very long. I been keeping fish for more than 20 years on and off, work, moving from France to the UK and to Cyprus. What ever I was keeping I all ways tried to make a natural fell, even when I was 14 and keeping piranhas :lol: . I understand your point about more challenging plants, but at the moment I prefer enjoying my tank. Since I got the T5 I can play around and I found that running low light have a lot of good points. But who know, I might change my mind in couple of month. ;)

Very nice tank,it looks a lot better with that new growth
Maybe it will be a scape that you finish?

Thanks, I will definitivement finish it. But I don't know how :( . At this point I have few solutions...

DevUK: Thanks, but don't be jealous :lol:. All the plants I have are easy. KISS (Keep It Stupid and Simple) ;)

This I definitely understand and practice all the time.

"Natural talent" it is a bit to mush, I don't do aquascaping for very long. I been keeping fish for more than 20 years on and off, work, moving from France to the UK and to Cyprus. What ever I was keeping I all ways tried to make a natural fell, even when I was 14 and keeping piranhas :lol: . I understand your point about more challenging plants, but at the moment I prefer enjoying my tank. Since I got the T5 I can play around and I found that running low light have a lot of good points. But who know, I might change my mind in couple of month. ;)

I also enjoy the ease that growing undemanding plants gives you. I think you can achieve the nearly the same look without half the trouble. Your tank is proof of this. I'm sure it's great to have a challenge once in a while, but this is a hobby that I enjoy and trying to make it more difficult might take the fun away. I don't want to worry about my tanks, I want to sit back, have a beer, and enjoy my setups.

I hope you keep this scape, Alexandre, it has a lot of potential. The foreground has filled in very nicely. What is the plant? I can make a guess, but it's too early to do so. How demanding is it?

llj

This I definitely understand and practice all the time.

I also enjoy the ease that growing undemanding plants gives you. I think you can achieve the nearly the same look without half the trouble. Your tank is proof of this. I'm sure it's great to have a challenge once in a while, but this is a hobby that I enjoy and trying to make it more difficult might take the fun away. I don't want to worry about my tanks, I want to sit back, have a beer, and enjoy my setups.

I hope you keep this scape, Alexandre, it has a lot of potential. The foreground has filled in very nicely. What is the plant? I can make a guess, but it's too early to do so. How demanding is it?

llj

I am a bit a perfectionist. So having a plant who don't grow well, don't look is best is not an option for me. So the next best things are easy plants :lol: . I can agree that I have to many Rotala etc.. But like you say this is a hobby and I can get quiet stress at work... And since I'm running it in sort of low light... it's even better :lol:.
The plant in the foreground is Eleocharis Parvula. How demanding is it? I don't really know yet. ;)

A photo from today. As you can see the synchronisation of the grow after cutting, did not go well. I almost lost all my Arcuata to. Hover shadowed, I think. That is why she is planted in the middle of the Eleocharis, just to save the little I have left.

09-08-07003.jpg

But, I just got that....

04-08-07012.jpg

So, I give an other two to three weeks with this aquascape. After I will remove all the plants I don't want for my next aquascape and grow the one I want to keep. Ready for when my wife go to England for vacation mid august, so I can make as much mess as I want. I will use Tropica Plant Substrate and Tropica Nutrition+ Capsules, should be mush better than the Prodac product I use...

Most reactions

Back