15' X 10' X 8' Tank

wow if you can pull it off ill personaly come to visit your setup, after i save the airfair

with the glass roof/next level floor you could always set up a trap door for access to clean and so i can go for a swim :lol:

appart from that cant wait to see it
It won't be for a couple of years, but hey, why can't I start making plans for it, and letting all of you fish fanatics know about it as well.

We are just one big happy fish fanatic family! :lol:

-FHM

good $ job that one, and i reckon anyone who doesnt think like us fish people are the insane ones at least we have dreams and ideas!!!!!!!!

Wow... You going to put regular gravel or sand in or something?

Plants? I know some (i think a plant that I've got does, called cabomba) grow to about 2 metres which could be quite cool.

Imagine going to the pet shop...

"I'd like to buy some gravel"

"How much would you like?"

"Oh, i don't know... Lets start with a truck load"

Plants? I know some (i think a plant that I've got does, called cabomba) grow to about 2 metres which could be quite cool.

:lol:

That would be so funny!

Not sure yet what I am going to use for substrate, but I am for sure going to have plants in there.

I will have a look at that one plant that you mentioned...thanks!

-FHM

Good luck for the project.

The glass or acrylic should be house in a steel frame and sealed in place.
The company I work for have built full glass tanks larger than this, using steel. It's to large to just glue.

For filteration u sould also get a couple of sand filters
http://www.aquapoolstore.com/filters/Haywa...s-operation.htm

A couple of these and your be sorted!

laugh.gif

That would be so funny!

Not sure yet what I am going to use for substrate, but I am for sure going to have plants in there.

I will have a look at that one plant that you mentioned...thanks!

-FHM

2905_1097895901138_1638848745_24146.jpg

Thats it in my tank.

Its the bushy one in front of the filter... You can cut the stem and replant the cuttings, which is what I'm going to do. Quite a nice looking plant IMO.

Ill have to keep on top of it though or it will be touching my ceiling...

Edit: Its been in there a week since that picture and its not far off growing out the top already :lol:

Start it now. :drool:

I demand you!
:lol:

Alright, going to start making the foundation....lol... :lol:

Good luck for the project.

The glass or acrylic should be house in a steel frame and sealed in place.
The company I work for have built full glass tanks larger than this, using steel. It's to large to just glue.

For filteration u sould also get a couple of sand filters
http://www.aquapoolstore.com/filters/Haywa...s-operation.htm

A couple of these and your be sorted!

Thanks, glad to see someone has made tanks like this before, and that is can be safely done!

Thats it in my tank.

Its the bushy one in front of the filter... You can cut the stem and replant the cuttings, which is what I'm going to do. Quite a nice looking plant IMO.

Ill have to keep on top of it though or it will be touching my ceiling...

Edit: Its been in there a week since that picture and its not far off growing out the top already laugh.gif

WOW, that crazy it grows that fast!

Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks for all of the replies guys!

-FHM

hi must say i havent read the whole thread so this might of been said before.

i would personly look at koi pond for a way of linning the cement.

over here in the uk the most common way is fibreglassing it.

i would then get a frame made up for the window out of a metel (food grade stainless steel?) you would bolt this to the concrete and get it fiberglassed in. the 'viewing window' is then siliconed in postion.

the frame would look like this but on a bigger scale
http://www.richdon-koi.com/shop/?prodid=684

For the size of that tank, the main problem with your current design is trying to keep the glass from coming away from the concrete slab at the back due to the weight of the water.

Plus the cost of the glass would be enourmous.

Could you not make the entire thing from acrylic and sit it in your basement or wherever it is going to? Should slove most problems

If money really wasn't an object then you could get something like THIS! at the SAS Radisson in Berlin.

Most reactions

Back