15' X 10' X 8' Tank

For the size of that tank, the main problem with your current design is trying to keep the glass from coming away from the concrete slab at the back due to the weight of the water.

Plus the cost of the glass would be enourmous.

Could you not make the entire thing from acrylic and sit it in your basement or wherever it is going to? Should slove most problems

If money really wasn't an object then you could get something like THIS! at the SAS Radisson in Berlin.
I don't think I will be able to fit that in my house...lol.

The reason I want to use glass over acrylic, is because acrylic could get scratch up easier than glass.

-FHM

In designing a view from the next floor up you may want to think about whether there might be a condensation problem. Don't know whether you were planning another glass covering lower down to the tank but either way it might be hard to view if you don't have air flow and get condensation droplets or fog.

Also I guess you'd want to think about the capacity of your basement floor drain, whether that's going to be big enough in the event of a break, although I guess in the event of that kind of disaster you could rent a construction pump. But even for routine water changing/draining, you'd want to be sure of your plan I guess.

~~waterdrop~~
ps. have you told your dad yet?

that is going to be amazing :hyper:

i havent had chance to read it all yet, but will do later

i will deffo keep an eye on this :good:

Most reactions

Back