15 Gallon Help

i wouldnt bother with adding nutrients and co2 - as long as the filter you have is up to the job, and theres enough transfer of gases at the surface (lots of surface movement), plenty of co2 and o2 will end up in the water for the plants and fish anyway! and the ammonia your fish are producing will keep your plants fed!

It will be the light levels and plant mass that determine whether CO2 and dosing of macros and micros is necessary.

If you are using the tank`s stock lighting, then it will most probably be a low light tank with slow growth so, yes, it is unlikely that you will need to add any additional nutrients.

Should you feel the plants are struggling a bit, you could add the likes of Flourish Excel or Easycarbo as a CO2 substitute, and Tropica TPN+ which will supply all other nutrients. Ammonia on its own only supplies nitrogen.

My guess is that you should be OK with what comes in the tap water and out of your fish.

Dave.

Good stuff! Well I think I've covered more or less everything I wanted to know with the help of you guys; thanks a lot!
I'd be happy to journal my tank when I set it up to let you all know how it's going. Though it wont be for some weeks yet, I'm off on holiday and stuff soon! :hyper:

thanks for all the help! Please let me know if theres anything i've missed out or any advice about the fish im going to get or my tank set up.

It'll be:
15 (US) gallon tank
Fluval 105 filter
Heavily planted
Finegravel substrate
2-3 cherry shrimps
10-12 neon tetras
And a Honey Gourami

Cheers! :good:

cant think of anything off the top of my head, but am pretty new to this too :) keep us up to date on how the cycling goes, and enjoy your holiday!

Cheers mate, i'll post a new topic on my cycle and then how my tank goes after that in a couple of weeks time, thanks for all the help and advice!
I'll post some stuff on forums as i read them and such.

See you around!~
:good:

Good stuff! Well I think I've covered more or less everything I wanted to know with the help of you guys; thanks a lot!
I'd be happy to journal my tank when I set it up to let you all know how it's going. Though it wont be for some weeks yet, I'm off on holiday and stuff soon! :hyper:

thanks for all the help! Please let me know if theres anything i've missed out or any advice about the fish im going to get or my tank set up.

It'll be:
15 (US) gallon tank
Fluval 105 filter
Heavily planted
Finegravel substrate
2-3 cherry shrimps
10-12 neon tetras
And a Honey Gourami

Cheers! :good:

You can use your filter media (sponges) until they're almost falling apart - the manufacturers would LOVE you to buy new ones every month; if you do that, you'll have a tank that's cycling every month. If and when you do have to replace stuff, don't do it all at once; give the new sponge a good month before you lose the old one.

Most reactions

Back