1000 Us Gal Project

tigrinus cat getting big about 1 meter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WDG2i_7S4Y

Little update

when you look at the pics you have to remember the tank glass is 19mm so verything is a lot bigger when the come out of the tank

80A0B195-1793-4BF3-95CA-905DAE0DDC45-1730-00000162B636980B.jpg

1FEDBF78-80FD-4CF6-8927-971D26486F98-1730-000001629B0C01C8.jpg

4027AB75-5D09-4E46-86E9-44F01995B118-1730-000001628881F693.jpg

little video big fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDCA_FNtHAs

little video big fish

Hello Richard,
For 4 days this thread has been my entertaining companion whenever I had "or even didn't have!" time. I've read it all and finished it today. I was touched by your dedication to your dream, and especially by your inner strength that lets you keep on living your life and dream dream even when life became so cruel to you. I wish you and your fish all the best, and a great health!

Back to the fish!

I've been giving updates to my husband with great enthusiasm whenever I read a few new pages of the thread, and showing him the videos.. I think he dreads the day when I will decide to replace my three tanks with a massive one!

I like smaller fish, but I'm absolutely amazed by your tank and fish. Though if it was mine, I would throw a few decorations in a corner and above sand level, higher than the rays field of action! I imagine it would be more fun for the fish.

Btw, did you claim your golden Aro back? I see him in the latest video, and remember reading that you sold it to get that pair of Red Asian Aros. It's amazing how much he grew during these two years.

Good luck!

Noura

the pair didnt happen as the seller said one died 2 days before they were meant to arrive so i didnt sell mine

things happen for a reason and it was probably best to keep the aro i have as its very hard to get a big aro and big tiger fish to not fight

i had a scare a few weeks back and the big tiger fish didnt eat for 1 month and now he will only eat frozen lance fish 20 per day

i would be totaly gutted if anything happened to him as i have had him over 8 years

they say the aro and tiger fish can live for 20 years but no one knows for sure

as for my health life goes on no point in giving up just because you lose legs i can get anout just as well with the fake legs now as i could with them

thanks for the kind comments time goes so fast the tank would have been set up running for c3 years in feb

Yup, that's the spirit we all long to have! :good:

I like that tiger too , no wonder you're emotionally attached to him as you had him since he was a "baby"! I saw your pic with him in the bag , he was so tiny. I hope he will live a long happy life in your tank and before your eyes :)

I remember you purchased two marvelous plecos. I think you sold one, but I don't see the other in the latest video. I was wondering how this could behave around Rays.

Thanks for sharing all the updates and videos Richard :)

WOW That's amazing!! I'm imagining all of the platies that I could have in that tank... :hey: :drool:

But those rays are stunning! What are you feeding the fish? I don't suppose a few tropical flakes would do the job really :lol:

I think you would be a threat to the "platy population" in the world with all the numbers that should be caught to fill that tank! B-)

As for the Rays food. I believe there's a post in this thread that explains all the food thing with pictures. There's also a video or two that Richard captured during a feeding frenzy. lol I loved that one! Quite a scene!

WOW That's amazing!! I'm imagining all of the platies that I could have in that tank... :hey: :drool:

But those rays are stunning! What are you feeding the fish? I don't suppose a few tropical flakes would do the job really
laugh.gif

they do eat a lot

the aro about 20-30 giant meal worms per day
the big tiger used to take 100 hikari massivore pellets per day but now he eats about 15-20 frozen lance fish per day

the other 3 tigers still eat pellets and prawn

the rays get a mug full of a mix of hikari sinking cichlid gold hikari sturgeon and hikari massivore and a plate full of frozen prawn

the tigrinus cat grabs what he can as they are rubbish hunters and i dont think they would get much in the wild

i dont have anymore p-leco as they just dont work with rays

So I have been absent from this forum for about 18months and I am THRILLED this thread is still going! Great job, looks amazing!

Sheesh reading for this was like a epic story, this still going? :p

Most reactions

Back