1 gallon jar saltwater

Yep. I have a 3.5 gallon that I can use soon. Or else I could buy a bigger tank like a 10 gallon for them. I wouldnt do any fish probably. Just inverts
Yeah! That's really great actually! You will literally have a salt water tank, if you add a coral it would be a reef tank B-)

Yep. I have room for another ten gallon I just need to be able to afford it :rofl:

I have a plan though. First I will set up my.42 gallon and add only a few fish.

Then I will buy more supplies for my store so I can sell more things

Then after I sell more things and have more money (getting so tired of not being able to work through this covid thing) I will set up my saltwater tank

Then more supplies

Then my B. Persephone tank :)

Tommorow I'm going to a park, and I have a jar, two glass bottles after banana flavoured milk and two bottles after orange and apple juices :p
I wonder what I will catch! :lol:

Good luck!

Yep. I have room for another ten gallon I just need to be able to afford it :rofl:

I have a plan though. First I will set up my.42 gallon and add only a few fish.

Then I will buy more supplies for my store so I can sell more things

Then after I sell more things and have more money (getting so tired of not being able to work through this covid thing) I will set up my saltwater tank

Then more supplies

Then my B. Persephone tank :)
Cool! I had a chance to get a 48 gallon tank, but it was so dirty! So I ended up getting my 33. You'll have an unusual 10 gallon gallon salty tank and I'll only have a normal 15 gallon salty tank :fun:
What is an B. Persephone tank?
Good luck!
Thanks! I think I will do a new thread about it..

Cool! I had a chance to get a 48 gallon tank, but it was so dirty! So I ended up getting my 33. You'll have an unusual 10 gallon gallon salty tank and I'll only have a normal 15 gallon salty tank :fun:
What is an B. Persephone tank?

Thanks! I think I will do a new thread about it..
It will be a 10 gallon with a pair of betta persephone

Everything appears to be healthy. Theres a lot of baby shrimp that are super tiny so I believe it will be overcrowded. @Colin_T can I feed them to my fish?

The limpet is very active.

JuiceBox52,

Do you happen to a have a constant supply of natural seawater? There are a lot of interesting sealed jar or vase pico reefs that are kicking around nowadays, even successfully keeping acropora species in as little as a quart.

Here is just one link of many referencing “micro” reefs as they are being called. You might be able to achieve something similar with your native temperate marine species.

JuiceBox52,

Do you happen to a have a constant supply of natural seawater? There are a lot of interesting sealed jar or vase pico reefs that are kicking around nowadays, even successfully keeping acropora species in as little as a quart.

Here is just one link of many referencing “micro” reefs as they are being called. You might be able to achieve something similar with your native temperate marine species.
I kind of do....so the beach is about 45-minute to 1 hrs drive so we go about 5 times a year, sometimes more. I could probably go more often if needed but was planning on getting instant ocean and a hydrometer instead. I brought 1 extra gallon of seawater for a few small water changes until then. I was planning on getting more but we recently switched from getting gallons of milk at the store to half gallon cartons delivered which is not as efficient for transporting water

I kind of do....so the beach is about 45-minute to 1 hrs drive so we go about 5 times a year, sometimes more. I could probably go more often if needed but was planning on getting instant ocean and a hydrometer instead. I brought 1 extra gallon of seawater for a few small water changes until then. I was planning on getting more but we recently switched from getting gallons of milk at the store to half gallon cartons delivered which is not as efficient for transporting water
That’d work well, particularly if your are collecting some intertidal specimens. Temperate marine species are a beautiful little study in home aquaria.

That’d work well, particularly if your are collecting some intertidal specimens. Temperate marine species are a beautiful little study in home aquaria.
Which would work well? Instant ocean or natural seawater? Could I use instant ocean until we go to the beach next time?

Most reactions

Back