Zeolite

macpegg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you were to use Zeolite how would you include this is a setup? Or if it needs something else with it for it work?

I have read that only certain types can work within a Marine setup.. Just wanted to know if anyone has does this successfully?

Thanks

read the Zeovit guide. http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/zeoguide_103_english-1.pdf

you use Zeo stones in a reactor, You have to calculate very accuratly the amount of water in your system. The amount of zeo media you use and then the flow rate varies on this. then you dose their basic 4 blue bottles.

Hehe I considered zeovit then seen how difficult it was I decided not to go down that path CA reactor is much easier albeit I do not to top up my mag on occasion but I can live with that :)

Might be tempted to get a dosing pump in the future just to drip mag in

Zeovit isnt anything to do with calcium reacotrs mate. you need one or the other (dosing pump)to maintain mag calcium etc. Zeo is about keepin neutrients down.

You need to pump the zeo reacotr a few times a day and setup a dosing regime. after that its not that difficiult. Or expensive if you stick to the basic 4.

My main goal is to try and reduce the ammonia/ammonium..

At the moment, calcium levels and Mag levels are fine.. I dont really want to decrease them as such.. though.. i suppose.. If zeo is going decrease these, maybe increasing them to a higher concentrate and then using zeo to decrease all levels to make cal and mag at the correct level, and ammonia less of a problem.

Or am I talking crap? lol - i tend to think and type withoutt actually thinking.. if that makes sense!
blink.gif

Doh yip Sorry Ben was thinking the GHL side that a lot of the zeovit guys use.

I might be looking at this wrong and might have the wrong idea but surely your LR should be removing the Ammonia?

I might be looking at this wrong and might have the wrong idea but surely your LR should be removing the Ammonia?

I guess it would eventually... and may in time i guess not do a good enough job in a heavily stocked tank.. I guess i just want to cover all bases.. Have ample ways of keeping everthing tip tip in case one method fails..

I have hear a lot of good things about miracle mud but not found the time to do the reaserch recently

I have hear a lot of good things about miracle mud but not found the time to do the reaserch recently

Snap... Hmmm i may look into this.. As this is 2nd time ive heard about miracle mud..

So..... Does miracle mud put in what Zeolites take out?

There are a lot of claims I know someone is an expert on this just have not had time to discuss with him but I will try this Friday

I guess it would eventually... and may in time i guess not do a good enough job in a heavily stocked tank.. I guess i just want to cover all bases.. Have ample ways of keeping everthing tip tip in case one method fails..
Sorry I am a little confused here, are we not supposed to stock our tanks gradually over time, so that our filter live rock or whatever has time to increase in bacteria to keep the ammonia at zero, surely we should not be overstocking to a level that the filter can not cope?

So..... Does miracle mud put in what Zeolites take out?

if you run zeovit, other things like mud sumps and aglae beds need to be taken offline. They are not compatable with each other. Zeovit isnt used to lower ammonia, its there to take neutrients such as phophats out. Having 0 neutrients and allowing corals their addatives fetches really striking colours out of SPS corals.
kz1.jpg

Zeo show tank ^

if your looking to take ammonia out during your cycle though, its not zeo you want

This i'll try the miracle mud.. Just purchased 5lbs of it, to be placed in a different tank. Though i was hoping to place it a reactor.. but reading up this will not work whats so ever...

I'll read up more on zeolites, zeovit and i think its called ultralith do the same job but im reading that ultralith takes out ammonia..

Most reactions

Back