Yoyos Vs Rostrata

Biulu

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Commuting between Oaxaca, Mexico and Montreal, Can
I have 2 yoyos which have been in my tank by accident as they were given to me. Recently I introduced 5 rostratas, which are smaller than the yoyos and I find that the yoyos are bothering them.

Today I found 1 rostrata dead in my tank, and another one has a damaged snout. I would like to know whether this is a no-go combination, or whether the yoyos are defending their territory and things will be settled soon.

My tank is 180 litre and there are no other bottom dwellers apart from these 2 species.

Nobody?

I have 2 yoyos which have been in my tank by accident as they were given to me. Recently I introduced 5 rostratas, which are smaller than the yoyos and I find that the yoyos are bothering them.

Today I found 1 rostrata dead in my tank, and another one has a damaged snout. I would like to know whether this is a no-go combination, or whether the yoyos are defending their territory and things will be settled soon.

My tank is 180 litre and there are no other bottom dwellers apart from these 2 species.

All i can tell you is less than 3+ yoyo's can cause issues as there a fish with a social structure and need minimum 3 to behave correctly. Most reccomend 5+ This may be causing the aggresion in your fish although this is all second hand stuff that i read off the internet as i was thinking of keeping yoyo's and did some research.

Most reactions

Back