Yoyo Loaches Sick, Possible Lockjaw, Please Help

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pockychan13

Reaction score
1. Water parameters. - ammonia-0 ph- 6.8 temp- 75 degrees

2. A full description of the fishes symptoms.- It started a day or two ago, one of my yoyo loaches was sitting by the filter and refusing to move. It looked like he had his mouth open. Now he is hiding in the treasure chest in that tank, barely moving, mouth still ope. My other yoyos are also hiding as well and have seemed to contracted similar symptoms. I cant see any other sores on their bodies or fins but am very worried it may be lock jaw or cotton mouth.

3. How often you do water changes and how much- i normally do 25% water changes about once or twice a week

4. Any chemicals and treatments you add to the water.- prime for de chlorinating, cycle every so often for elevating good bacteria, acid regulator to new water every time i do a water change, and yesterday i added p clear particulate.

5. What tank mates are in the tank- tank consists of 3 yoyo loaches, 2 guppies, and 3 neon tetras

6. Tank size- 10 gallons

7. Finally Have you recently added any new fish?- i added one yoyo on january 2nd
Please help, ill do anything for these fish

yeah, im looking to get my uncles tank soon which i think is 20 or 25g

I dont have that test. The yoyos seem to be doing better though. They are all eating again and have been more active then they were before. Not as active as they were before, but theyre digging more and not hiding like they were before

Most reactions

Back