Yoyo Loach Possibly Sick

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pockychan13

Reaction score
My big yoyo hasnt been looking too well.
1. Water parameters. (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, PH, temp', Hardness etc)
I dont have many kits, but ammonia is at 0, ph is 6.8, temp is 79 f aka 26 c

2. A full description of the fishes symptoms.
It started three days ago, i realized my big yoyo loach wasnt swimming as much as he (or she) usually does. He was lying or hiding in a treasure chest ornament for most of the day. I noticed he would swim a little sometimes to change positions, but didnt swim like he normally would. (he is a very active fish). He also is not eating which is also unusual because yoyos tend to eat as much food as they can, and he especially would eat a lot. Today he has gotten what appears to be worse, now he still isnt swimming unless its to change position or during some moments where he darts around the tank. His gills seem to be moving very rapidly and for awhile he was twitching as if he was have a smaller scale fish seizure and was twitching. Some times when he does try swimming he seems to be having difficulty. He is always at the bottom of the tank.

3. How often you do water changes and how much.
Ive been reading my ammonia wrong, so i thought i kept having .3 ammonia which was worrysome to me, so i would do water changes from 20% to 40% ish about 4 times a week. (I found out today that i was suppose to be looking at a chart so now my readings are better (i hope))

4. Any chemicals and treatments you add to the water.
I use Prime to dechlorinate the water, seachem acid regulator to control Ph, and because i was worried about yoyo and sometimes i add cycle after water changes.

5. What tank mates are in the tank.
There are 3 yoyos (one has been there longer and is bigger than the other two and the big one is sick), 3 neon tetras, and 2 guppies (both male)

6. Tank size.
10 gallons

7. Finally Have you recently added any new fish?
I added a guppy on the 18th

He is currently seizing by a plant. What can i do??

Most reactions

Back