Your oldest fish

tgo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to hear how long people have kept fish for. The average lifespans that are listed in books and websites always seem kinda low compared to what I've actually experienced myself. I guess fish usually die young in nature compared to those in our aquarium.

I have a lemon tetra that is over 11 yrs old now. I also have an amano shrimp that is over 8, maybe more. Most of their buddies starting dying off around 6-7. You wouldn't be able to tell simply by looking at them, but some of my old fish have definitely looked "experienced" haha. I'm certainly far from an expert with aquariums, so I'm really curious to read others' record fish, both still alive or in the past.

my oldest fish is like idk, more than half a year old already !

Keeping a record of the ages of fish is something I have never done. I have had plenty of fish for 5-6 years and none over 10. Exactly how old any fish were I would have no idea.

Keeping a record of the ages of fish is something I have never done. I have had plenty of fish for 5-6 years and none over 10. Exactly how old any fish were I would have no idea.
Yeah for nowmy oldest is fron a pet store. So she is maybe already hald a year old when i got her

Jeeze it's been so long I've forgotten But I do have a Salvini cichlid and a Pleco that are at least 7 years old...they move in to a 100 gal last year...LOL...

My oldest fish was a Bronze Cory which was around 6 & a bit years old, He was originally bought as a trio but the others died around 2 yrs old so he was alone for around 3 years until i bought him a few friends. Sadly i had a bacterial infection in the main tank earlier this year & he didnt make it.......Kids were gutted

Most reactions

Back