You Probablly Wouldn't Believe This But....

NEONCORY

Fish Addict
Reaction score
You probablly wouldn't believe this but my young Albino Bristlenose had out of body, I mean out of water experience. Ok not quite out of water either but here is what happened and I saw. I appologize for the lack of pictures.

First, here is the background. S/he is still quite young, about 2"TL so I can't tell the sex yet. Who lives in the 10G tank with the group of Panda Corys and Red Cherry Shrimps. The tank has powerhead with sponge attachment. Which is set at the corner of the tank and water from the outlet is hitting against the side of the glass to create the water current go around the tank.
Anyway, everyday I siphone out some water(about 2~3 gallons) so I can use those water to change the cory fry tanks. I usually tap them up right away but today I was kind of lazy and left the tank with 7G full and 3~4" below the usual water line. Later I went to the tank to see the ABN on the side glass clearly above the water surfaceby 2", granted water is running through and over the ABN. S/he was stuck sideway facing toward the current.
Times like this make me wish I had some good digi camera and fast comp with big memory.

Sorry no picture but I hope you can imagine the picture and you just have to take my word for it.

But I guess my ABN like the water current from the powerhead very much.

You probablly wouldn't believe this but my young Albino Bristlenose had out of body, I mean out of water experience. Ok not quite out of water either but here is what happened and I saw. I appologize for the lack of pictures.

First, here is the background. S/he is still quite young, about 2"TL so I can't tell the sex yet. Who lives in the 10G tank with the group of Panda Corys and Red Cherry Shrimps. The tank has powerhead with sponge attachment. Which is set at the corner of the tank and water from the outlet is hitting against the side of the glass to create the water current go around the tank.
Anyway, everyday I siphone out some water(about 2~3 gallons) so I can use those water to change the cory fry tanks. I usually tap them up right away but today I was kind of lazy and left the tank with 7G full and 3~4" below the usual water line. Later I went to the tank to see the ABN on the side glass clearly above the water surfaceby 2", granted water is running through and over the ABN. S/he was stuck sideway facing toward the current.
Times like this make me wish I had some good digi camera and fast comp with big memory.

Sorry no picture but I hope you can imagine the picture and you just have to take my word for it.

But I guess my ABN like the water current from the powerhead very much.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats halarious! I dont doubt it as mine will hang anywhere and everywhere including the airstone, just sits there and gets bombarded with bubbles. good story :good:

Drew

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats halarious! I dont doubt it as mine will hang anywhere and everywhere including the airstone, just sits there and gets bombarded with bubbles. good story :good:

Drew

But out of water? Granted the water run over and around him/her but I could clearly see his/her shape/form of the fish.

Think of it, if they do this in the Nature, you could hand pick them off the stone where the water run. :hyper:

Cool lol. I could imagine that :lol:

Good, someone can imagine. But I was pretty amaze to see him/her above the water surface stuck like magnet.

Drew

But out of water? Granted the water run over and around him/her but I could clearly see his/her shape/form of the fish.

Think of it, if they do this in the Nature, you could hand pick them off the stone where the water run. :hyper:

Cool lol. I could imagine that :lol:

Good, someone can imagine. But I was pretty amaze to see him/her above the water surface stuck like magnet.
Well.....i guess it was just one of those odd things that happens once in a blue moon. I mean its bound to happen in nature to once in awhile....either way i bet that was pretty awesome to watch :good:

Well.....i guess it was just one of those odd things that happens once in a blue moon. I mean its bound to happen in nature to once in awhile....either way i bet that was pretty awesome to watch :good:

What, you don't think the wild bristlenoses growing on the stones in the Nature? Like cherries grow on the tree.
Humm, I was hoping someday I can go hand pick the wild bristlenoses off the stone. :shifty:

What, you don't think the wild bristlenoses growing on the stones in the Nature? Like cherries grow on the tree.
Humm, I was hoping someday I can go hand pick the wild bristlenoses off the stone. :shifty:
lol, i hope your not making fun of me :p What i meant was i am sure in the wild every once in awhile for some reason one ends up out of the water or partially out for wtvr reason (rock, wood etc). I wish you had a pic! maybe if it happens again you could get one that would be awesome :good:

Drew

Hmm, methinks he's seen an episode or two of Prison Break. :shifty:

No I don't think so because I don't watch that show. Unless....s/he can come out of the water totally and find the remote and push the bottons. :shifty: Nahh

My CAE did the exact same thing once(when i was doing a WC).Then realised he was out of the water and kind of jumped back in lmao.

Most reactions

Back