You Know You're A Fish-Keeper When...

I guess up in sandiego they keep orca. They wouldn't say no to a cat I'll bet. :D

After watching one drag a woman off by her arm - I'd rather have a cat aha

An adult red-tailed catfish would probably eat a cat, and those can be found in fish shops, as well as alligato gars...

I once saw a display tank in a shop with an arapaima!
blink.png

It was a one-off for an expo, but still, they were able to source it.

You know you're a fishkeeper when your partner has nightmares about you getting a bigger tank.

Straight up, my hubby dreamed I got a floor-to ceiling tank that filled half the living room.  He said I had to put on diving gear and get in there for maintenance every day.  I said that sounded like a great dream and he said no it was a nightmare!

The guy I got my piranhas from has goliath tiger fish for sale...
I think maybe one of those could eat you!! Not just a cat! But who could seriously keep one of those in a home aquarium..think they are £80 each (babies obviously) lol ;-)

Attachments

• Web_Trip_GoliathTigerfish_Index.jpg
    Web_Trip_GoliathTigerfish_Index.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 45
You know you are a fishkeeper when:
After a bad week, rather than go clubbing, get drunk, et cetera. You buy more fish.

Love this. My OH kept telling me off for disturbing his TV watching yet I never complain to him making noise when Im watching fish TV
That was for laughing to loud from reading this thread. Love it!!!

you know youre a fishkeeper when you have to pronounce the fish's name right to people who cant even say their names right

I'm glad people are still liking my thread :D

You know you're a fishkeeper when you inform the shop manager he's mislabelled the fish on sale.

PMSL!!!
that's a good list altho i have to admit the mouthfull of fish water still gets to me but i've got quite good at timing it so i don't get a mouthful.
i always say goodnight to my guys before i go to bed, they are all in the livingroom & the first thing i do in the morning is go round the tanks checking and counting everyone.
how about you know your a.............when just looking at your tank makes you smile
smile.png

or you loose track/drift off in the middle of a conversation because you've started watching your fish.

I say goodnight to the kids.
I have also started getting in trouble, seems when I gaze into the tanks I go slightly deaf.

frapadoodle said:
I say goodnight to the kids.
I have also started getting in trouble, seems when I gaze into the tanks I go slightly deaf.

You're not alone with the hearing loss.

TT- you're not the only one to try animal food. I used to try dog biscuit food when dogs were not eating and I'd wonder if it was the food or if dog was ill, mostly it was the food! Lol. I now know which brands of food works best even for the fussiest dog eater! Lol

You know you are a fish keeper when you'd go to the LFS at any given chance especially on way from food shopping or visiting certain relatives!

Also when you're on your iPhone logging onto TFF during your lunch break!

haha not sure if this one has been said but you know your a... when your most visited site on google chrome is TFF..

Most reactions

Back