YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

my mom doesnt think im a nut case... cuz she is the nut case LOL .atleast you dont go "oh stary your such a witle cootie wootie pie yesh you are" my mom does that..not to mention she buys all my fish!!!

50 said:
my mom doesnt think im a nut case... cuz she is the nut case LOL .atleast you dont go "oh stary your such a witle cootie wootie pie yesh you are" my mom does that..not to mention she buys all my fish!!!
Doesn't everyone talk to their bettas like that? -_-

I just came home and snuck up on him to find him laying on a very bottom branch on his plant. Just because he CAN. :rolleyes:

YAY!!! Very cool! :cool: What a great feeling. Ya did good Bettamomma!! :D

I keep hearing about that IAL stuff. Usually mentioned by people breeding their bettas. Does it discolor the water a lot?
I'm pretty willing to do anything to make my bettas happy but not sure if my husband will go for the idea if it looks icky. My bowls and tanks are in the living room and dining room. They have to be aesthetically pleasing. Most people wouldn't understand or appreciate........"it's kinda gross but the fish like it". KWIM?

Yup.
I don't use the full strength to make it brown - I just float, for instance, a leaf that should treat 1 gallon of water, in a 2.5 G tank. It gives them enough soothing, but it doesn't muck up the water. The only think is that you have to remove them about every 3 - 4 days and let them dry up, then you can reuse them a few times.

You don't even know they're in the tanks, really. :)

That's excellent news about Charlie. I'm so glad he's feeling better after all the rough time he'd been having lately.

Yeah, I'm pretty relieved.
I haven't had all that great of luck lately with my sicklies... so i'm very happy he's doing so well :)

Yup, Charlie's in my avatar.

I am happy for charlie! I would also like to know how lucky's doin'!

I'm slow btw, what happened to him (charlie)?

HA!
Lucky is a spoiled rotten little bratty fish. But he's doing fabulously! I brought him home about a week and a half ago so I can enjoy him here at home rather than just at the office - he now has a 2.5G tank with a real plant, a heater and a rock cave which he uses ALL day long. I haven't taken any pics recently cuz he is here at home w/me now, and the camera I use is our work one. I'll try to get some soon.

Charlie - well, to make a long story short, one of my co-workers wanted some company on her desk, so Charlie went over. He wound up with velvet, and she didn't mention to me that he looked like he was being electrocuted all day, every day so I didn't notice. That went on for a few weeks, and it got so bad that he must have gotten some kind of internal infection, then swim bladder issues, and what I think to be septicemia. He was a mess. He's doing much better now and staring at me right now. ;)

>_< That's right, Charlie! Show that plant who's boss and SIT on it! Wow, poor little tyke... It sounds like he's been to hell and back T_T I can't believe you managed to save him! Good luck, Charlie! You're almost there!

GAAH!
Well I found out the hard way that he's not ready to eat hard pellets again quite yet. I guess I still have to soak them for him for the time being. I gave him one - ONE last night and he was sort of floating this morning. Not tipping, and not totally floating, but kinda.

Louis is doing fabulously! But there is one issue with him that's become quite a pain. Since he can't see his food, he can't see where it drops to if he misses it. Therefore, he's become quite a little bottom scrounger. THEREFORE, he swims all over the bottom of the tank, dragging his tail and fins behind him and they're getting a bit mangled from it. He also has taken a liking to laying on the bottom. I might try some cabomba in there to try to get him to lay in that. I switched his gravel to some that's more smoother and smaller, but I might have to get rid of it all together.

They're worse than little kids! :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back