Yay, Im Getting My 1st Betta Soon

Genesis

If you're a cory and you know it clap your.. hands
Reaction score
ive got a small 11litre (3.5gal) tank and id love to have a betta in it, it has a small sponge filter in, do i need a heater? as our house temperature is always very warm, the tank is currently at 25/26C is this enough? also, if i have a male, would he also appreciate a female? please please please reply, thankyou, 'gen

No need for a heater, 26C is fine for your betta.
Never put two betta together , the only ones that can be together are females in a large enough aquarium with a group to even out agression. Males can never be with any other betta, ever.

Never put two betta together , the only ones that can be together are females in a large enough aquarium with a group to even out agression. Males can never be with any other betta, ever.

k thanks, how do you breed them then?

also, can hey be kept in community aquariums?

[quote name=''genesis' post='1001319' date='Dec 12 2005, 06:58 PM']
also, can hey be kept in community aquariums?
[/quote]
that depends on the betta

[quote name=''genesis' post='1001163' date='Dec 12 2005, 04:57 PM']
[quote name='bettaBetta' post='1000998' date='Dec 12 2005, 01:26 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

there is a link to help you on the topic Betta breeding and google for it make sure u know what u doing and do ur homework before u breed them
plus u need grow out tank , jars(tons of them) live foods, cash(the most important part), time
i'd say leave the breeding for later

[quote name='OohFeeshy' date='Dec 12 2005, 03:02 PM' post='1001324']
[quote post='1001163' date='Dec 12 2005, 04:57 PM' name=''genesis']
[/quote]

I don't think you're anywhere near ready to breed bettas.

*Blunt and to the point,but I have to agree. It's tough enough learning how to care for small individual tanks,let alone a hundred of them. Work on that for a while.

I messed up my quote! (obviously!)

i didnt want to breed them anyways, i was just wondering how you could if they hate each other -_-

also, my parents have a betta solendens in their community tank and it gets along fine (its a 65 litre biOrb)

how long do bettas live?

Maybe, some bettas are different, but one day it might decide it wants the tank to itself, and that's not good.

[quote name=''genesis' post='1001337' date='Dec 12 2005, 11:17 AM'] i didnt want to breed them anyways, i was just wondering how you could if they hate each other -_-
also, my parents have a betta solendens in their community tank and it gets along fine (its a 65 litre biOrb)

how long do bettas live? [/quote]

The only reason they can breed without tearing each other to pieces is because the sex drive is more active when young, but occasionally they do hit and nip at each other even when young, just imagine when there older. Your parents betta is in your community tank maybe because the fish in there are compatible with bettas.

-Arrowhead :ninja:

Your parents betta is in your community tank maybe because the fish in there are compatible with bettas.

neon tetras
white-cloud mountain minnows
green tiger barbs
platys

[quote name=''genesis' post='1001424' date='Dec 12 2005, 12:38 PM']
Your parents betta is in your community tank maybe because the fish in there are compatible with bettas.

neon tetras
white-cloud mountain minnows
green tiger barbs
platys [/quote]

Ummmm... I think that green tiger barbs dont go so good with bettas and also platys.

Ummmm... I think that green tiger barbs dont go so good with bettas and also platys.

the tigers were orginally mine, but they were so badly bullied by my rtbs they wont touch anything, not even the plants :lol: wusses

if the betta is bullied, ill adopt it from my mum :hey: free betta :hey:

How warm does the room stay overnight (the room your going to keep the betta in) ? Are you in the UK, if so i personally would prefer a little heater in the tank (maybe a Hydor Mini Heater) as it gets pretty cold in our house during the night. The temp may be ok during the day, but it might plummet during the night.

Thats just my opinion though :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back