Wrong Advice From Fish Store! Help!

Wildly innacurate or not, it's not going to be 90ppm out. Contact the water board and tell them. Then do as suggested above ideally.

I'd suggested testing with a proper kit first, it's got to be quicker than contacting the water board and you might be barking up the wrong tree.

I'll get a kit and test tonight also, finishing work a little early anyone any recoomendations?

Wildly innacurate or not, it's not going to be 90ppm out. Contact the water board and tell them. Then do as suggested above ideally.

I'd suggested testing with a proper kit first, it's got to be quicker than contacting the water board and you might be barking up the wrong tree.

I'll get a kit and test tonight also, finishing work a little early anyone any recoomendations?
API freshwater master kit :good:

thanks for all the quick replies, will let you know tonight the outcome.

I dont understand how the reading can possibly be this big? 100ppm is way too high. Can you please check your strips and make sure that their reading in mg/l and please rinse the tubes and repeat a second and even third time. You really need to check the details.
james

well i've been abit of a drip on this, went to get a liquid test kit bought it, took it home, and it dawned on me, the paper test kit didnt say the actual name of each test, just the scientific abbreviation... yes you can prob guess the rest.

Anyway, measured nitrITE and it was clear with a very very slight purple colour to it (not even 0.1) so is 0 Crystal clear or would this be whats classed as 0?

Nitrates was the same as colour above,

So nothing to worry about right? haha

you want ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates around 25.
So it sounds better but still you may want to do more waterchanges to manage any ammonia spikes that may appear. Also constant testing!!

james

Most reactions

Back