wow hot

bettaboi

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok my a/c broke today and its a scorcher of 97 degreese geez and my tanks are warming up fast wut do i do to keep em cool

You can take the lid off your tanks and blow a fan over the top of the water. This should help to keep them cool!

z.

In the past I've kept a bunch of old film containers in the freezer, partially filled with water, and float them in the tank. I also take the lids off or open them. Now I have bigger tanks so I fill a ziplock with ice cubes and float it instead. The fan idea is good.

hey...my ac broke too. well, it's not mine. it's my boyfriend's. we evacuated to his house for the hurricane, and his ac broke when we got here and it can't be fixed until tomorrow. (hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow) Anyway...since we've evacuated, my bettas are in tupper ware containers. it's scorching in here. the dogs are panting and me and my boyfriend are sweating, but the bettas are bubblenesting. they seem to be enjoying it. should I do something to keep them cooler?

BrookeLea said:
hey...my ac broke too. well, it's not mine. it's my boyfriend's. we evacuated to his house for the hurricane, and his ac broke when we got here and it can't be fixed until tomorrow. (hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow) Anyway...since we've evacuated, my bettas are in tupper ware containers. it's scorching in here. the dogs are panting and me and my boyfriend are sweating, but the bettas are bubblenesting. they seem to be enjoying it. should I do something to keep them cooler?
Do you have a thermometer to know exactly what temperature the water is? I wouldn't advise cooling unless you know your tank needs it.

z.

Most reactions

Back