Would This Stocking Work?

-FighterFishh

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My mum has said that I'll be able to get a larger tank to replace my 64L soon, and I've been looking into 125l and 180l white Juwel rios.
I've been thinking up a stocking and I was wondering if you guys could tell me if it'd work?

6+ female bettas, a pair of rams, a shoal of pygmy cories (probably quite big?) and some forktail rainbows (pseudomugil furcatus) along with my current stocking which can be found in my sig.

Would these fish work well together, and if so, how many of each could I get for both the 125l and the 180l? :)
Thank you!

I have no idea about the rainbows, since I have never kept any, but the rest of the stocking looks just fine to me.

The forktail rainbows will be quite active and may stress out the bettas. I've never herd of them being kept together so I can't speak from experience however.

I have no idea about the rainbows, since I have never kept any, but the rest of the stocking looks just fine to me.

The forktail rainbows will be quite active and may stress out the bettas. I've never herd of them being kept together so I can't speak from experience however.

Thank you both for your replies! I'm hoping since the bettas will be girls they'll be more tolerant than my boys. Also, I intend to plant up the tank quite heavily so I'd hope if the forktails annoyed them at all they could just swim around in the plants for a bit.

Just wondered if this stocking would fit in a 125l? I'm thinking not but just wondered. I only ask as I'm concerned if the floor would be able to take the weight of a 180l tank + stand and may have to go for something smaller for that reason. :)

Most reactions

Back