Would This Sideboard Support A 165 Litre Tank?

Christoff

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm after some advice. Do you think that this solid oak sideboard would support the weight of a 165 litre tank? Thinking of getting this and the Aqua One 850 to go on top of it.

46.jpg

It's solid oak and the tank would be slightly shorter than the length of the sideboard.

Not sure if this link will work:
Ebay

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi everyone, I'm after some advice. Do you think that this solid oak sideboard would support the weight of a 165 litre tank? Thinking of getting this and the Aqua One 850 to go on top of it.

View attachment 59780

It's solid oak and the tank would be slightly shorter than the length of the sideboard.

Not sure if this link will work:
Ebay

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

In case the attachment above doesn't work, I've also got these:

46.jpg

49.jpg

Thanks.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm no joiner but from first impressions I would say yes, however from here it looks as if the top piece of oak sits between the two side bits and not on top of them, which is not as strong by a long stretch (All this is based on what I can see) You may find that it hold the tank for a bit and then the top bit suddenly falls and lands on the shelf below, which wouldn't be good at all. What may work is putting a VERY FLAT piece of wood on top of the side board in such a way that it over laps the ends of the sideboard, then putting the tank on top.
(Guys correct me if I'm wrong)
hope this helps :good: :)

I'm no joiner but from first impressions I would say yes, however from here it looks as if the top piece of oak sits between the two side bits and not on top of them, which is not as strong by a long stretch (All this is based on what I can see) You may find that it hold the tank for a bit and then the top bit suddenly falls and lands on the shelf below, which wouldn't be good at all. What may work is putting a VERY FLAT piece of wood on top of the side board in such a way that it over laps the ends of the sideboard, then putting the tank on top.
(Guys correct me if I'm wrong)
hope this helps :good: :)

I'd say you were spot there, in the first pic you can see the edge of the side upright so the top isn't sitting on top of the side panels. The other thing to consider is is there support in the middle running front to back, if not then I'd be putting 1 in as you definitely don't want the top sagging.

Thanks for your help. Will take a look at the local furniture shops and see if something there's suitable.

Most reactions

Back