Would She Be Classified As Mg?

constantine03

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I purchased this female from AB as a "grey/green" female. When she arrived, she was very pale, but turned to a more metallic like coloration once she'd become acclimated to the tank. I thought she may not be a bad match for my copper male, and am currently conditioning the pair. Well, now that she's in the jar and not under aquarium lighting, I'm starting to think she looks much more like a MG female. I don't know if it's just because she's jarred...what do you think? I may breed her with my MG male, if he ever decides to get healthy again...

The first picture is from the AB auction, and the second is her in the jar.

Attachments

• fwbettashm1203523346.jpg
    fwbettashm1203523346.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 38
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 42
hmmmmmm im not sure, she does and she doesnt lol

shes gorgeous tho :wub:

Hi
From the picture, personally i wouldn't have siad she was MG. Its difficult with subtle colours unless you can see the fish and observe it from different angles. But i could be wrong :lol:

yes she is a mg but not an obvious one, she is a product of someone trying to create mg , prob an F1, she has a wash of mg to her which would make her a mg genotype so she would hold the gene to produce mg if bred with a mg male , her ventral are a clear sign to her being the genotype more than that actual faint appearence of the mustard

yours would be called a multi

Most reactions

Back