Would my ebjd get beat up?

Looking good. I've heard they are slow growers as well as sensitive. I haven't kept one but always wanted to.

When I was setting up my cichlid tank, I searched everywhere for EBJD and couldn't find any. I ended up stocking the tank and after a few months went by and the fish were growing, I've seen them many times. It would probably take over a year for me to grow one out.

I have lots of experience with regular jack demseys and they are mean as hell when they mature. One would likely kill every fish in your tank eventually. I've heard the electric blues are far less aggreesive than the normal ones. Hopefully that's the case!

I have lots of experience with regular jack demseys and they are mean as hell when they mature. One would likely kill every fish in your tank eventually. I've heard the electric blues are far less aggreesive than the normal ones. Hopefully that's the case!
Yep I’ve heard that too. So you think if they aren’t as aggressive they will be fine with the fish in the tank?

Looking good. I've heard they are slow growers as well as sensitive. I haven't kept one but always wanted to.

When I was setting up my cichlid tank, I searched everywhere for EBJD and couldn't find any. I ended up stocking the tank and after a few months went by and the fish were growing, I've seen them many times. It would probably take over a year for me to grow one out.
Thanks!

Yep I’ve heard that too. So you think if they aren’t as aggressive they will be fine with the fish in the tank?

If it is true, yeah absolutely. Less aggressive would put them in that South American level of aggression such as fish like acara, firemouth, severum and so on.

From what I've seen it seems to be true, but I haven't kept them to experience it first hand.

Most reactions

Back