Would I Need An Air Pump/air Stone For Me Fish?

lchesterl

Reaction score
Right now I have 2 small oscar, 1 small arowana and 1 pleco in my 10g tank. My 2 oscar most of the time are floating on top of the water surface I'm not sure if their in need of an air pump/air stone thingy. Are they gasping for air? Right now I have everything but the air pump in the tank. Im gonna get a 65g tank soon and am going to moved them to that tank. My water seems a bit cloudy the food that I feed my oscars are pellets and sometimes they don't eat it all and some of'em get stuck on the filter. Some of the food they eat are turn to little ones and are now on the bottom of the tank I clean it yesterday but today it came back. Would I stress them out if I change the water alot? every couple of days when the food goes to the bottom.

65G is not big enough for any of your fish alone......

oscars need 75G alone (grow to 12" to 14")
arowana need atleast 220G depending on species (though you prob have a silver as is the most common in lfs')(grow to 30"+ and grows faster than you can believe)
pleco is prob a common and needs a large tank, prob atleast 75G as grows to 24"

thats your first prob..... and with all of them in there, if you don;t have some surface agitation to allow oxygen to enter the water, then yes, they will be gasping for air.

My recomendation is def take the arowana and one of the oscars back to the lfs.

Keeping the single oscar and the pleco in the 65G will be pushing it but can be done with 6x to 7x filtration and 2 water changes per week. Just don't put anything else in with them.....

O, and your is prob cloudy if you didn't cycle it... which looking at your stocking you prob didn't cycle your tank and your prob feeding them way too much food....

Get your 65G as soon as possible, cycle it using Fishless Cycling and do lots and lots of research before you buy anymore fish :good:

Most reactions

Back