Would Females Fight During 1 Week Vacation?

betta_luv

Reaction score
Hey folks, I have to go on a 1 week vacation. Is Tetra bits weekend food good? Also, would 6 Betta sisters kept in a 14g planted tank fight if they are kept without food for a week? (Many suggest they should be kept without food during a 1 week vacation). Cheers.

Hey folks, can someone please help by answering this question. Cheers.

Read the question, don't know the answer. Predicting Betta behavior is tough. :dunno: They don't need many excuses to fuss w/one another, it seems.

Read the question, don't know the answer. Predicting Betta behavior is tough. :dunno: They don't nned many excuses to fuss w/one another, it seems.
Seriously! my female and male betta were just fine and then all of a sudden I look over and he started tearing her up, luckily I grabbed her out of there as fast as I could.

EDIT:How old are the females?

Ages ago I had 2 girls together...I know now they should have been in 3s in a big tank. These argued even though I only had them a couple of weeks and they had white spot, ick you name it. Even when feeling ill they squabbled. In the end I had to divide them...

If that's the new gel kind of weekend feeder it probably wouldn't hurt your water quality, but the fish can eat from it any time they like... which, as we all know, means overfeeding when it comes to piggy female bettas :lol:. I wouldn't use a weekend feeder, chances are they'll be just fine. Using something like that is usually more risky than just leaving them hungry for a while.

THANKS folks for your replies. I was worried that if left hungry for a week, the 6 Betta sisters might attack each other.

Most reactions

Back