Worried!

venom2112

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
was cleaning out my little fella, put him in his usual dish while i was doing it, i turned around and found he had jumped out! hope hes ok, never done this before, normally just waits no bother, what do you think, will he be ok? seems to be feeding ok.

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 56
how long ago, they usually go down hill pretty fast if they are injured, he's probably a little shocked at the moment though...

was about a hour ago, he seems normal now, (coming to front of tank whenever anyone comes in the room), feeding ok, not hiding in the plants or anything

He's probably fine. I swear, bettas can bounce. If he landed on a smooth surface, and it was from a shallow bowl, there's most likely no injury.

I have a female whos jumped out when I have the top open for feeding at least a half dozen times. Its a 30 gallon so its got to be over 4 feet down to the carpet.

I pick her up and put her back in and she goes about her business as usual, scarfing down as much food as she can.

Yeah when I was putting one of mine back in his tank after cleaning it (I use my hands, the net is more damaging I think) he wriggled and jumped out and fell about four feet onto the tiles!

I was worried I'd damaged him when I tried to pick him up because he was wriggling and all stuck to the floor, but I got him back in and he's been fine since.

Now I always make sure I cover my hand holding the fish well with my other hand so he can't escape.

I'm sure yours will be fine :)

my sister knocked one of my boys tanks off of the our computer desk last week. he was pretty upset by it, but now hes doing great and living downstairs with my boyfriend. one of the females i gave to a friend decided she didn't want to wait in her cup while we cleaned out her little tank and jumped onto the counter........ i had to scoop her up while my friend was freaking out :rolleyes: needless to say that girl has since had a slight case of, finrot, columnaris that she survived without treatment(by the time i saw she had anything wrong with her i thought she only had a night or two and her owner didn't want me to give her any meds for her), and now something else that i think is causing her to go blind..... trying to figure out what it is still.

Most reactions

Back