Worried About New Fish

Could Kittencapes not name and shame the seller so no-one else has this trouble...test kits are always in need quickly. Over a week is way too long to wait for anything.

I won't name and shame them as they have given me a refund now. Trouble is I now need to order another and start waiting once again - I don't live near a petshop, I guess I could drive to a Pets at Home if they stock them? Normally I would accept having a wait a bit for ebay things, but this is kind of a life or death situation for my fish.

I won't name and shame them as they have given me a refund now. Trouble is I now need to order another and start waiting once again - I don't live near a petshop, I guess I could drive to a Pets at Home if they stock them? Normally I would accept having a wait a bit for ebay things, but this is kind of a life or death situation for my fish.

Pets at home do them and give you free delivery wihtin 3-4 days if it is too far for you to drive.

Hello Kittencapes,
Try this seller off ebay, i've used them in the past with no probs.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/API-FRESHWATER-FISH-AQUARIUM-MASTER-TEST-KIT-800-TESTS-/190493331118?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item2c5a498eae

Keith.

If you do drive to them, phone them to make sure they are in stock. Although they do sell them, my local store was out of stock when I wanted one.

I sometimes use these. They do next day delivery and you can order by phone.

http://www.seapets.co.uk/static/how-to-order.html

Never had a problem with them.

The water test kit has finally arrived!

My results are;

PH - 7.6
Ammonia - 0.5
Nitrite - 0.25
Nitrate - 40

Could someone help me understand what this is telling me?

The water test kit has finally arrived!

My results are;

PH - 7.6
Ammonia - 0.5
Nitrite - 0.25
Nitrate - 40

Could someone help me understand what this is telling me?

Your pH is telling you that your water is alkaline(slightly hard water), the most important ones ammonia/nitrIte which are toxic to the fish need to be reading 0ppm preferly and certainly no higher than 0.25ppm. With your current ammonia and nitrIte levels as they are you need to be performing a large water change. Nitrate is the end product of the nitrogen cycle which is harmless when levels are kept low(no higher than 80ppm,IMO).
Can i suggest you find out what your tap water parameters are(ammomia,nitrIte,nitrAte), it would be nice to see your tap waters nitrate result lower than what your tank is because this would indicate your tank has started to cycle but your bacteria colonies are not able to cope with the bio-load as yet.

Keith.

Hello Kittencapes,
Try this seller off ebay, i've used them in the past with no probs.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/API-FRESHWATER-FISH-AQUARIUM-MASTER-TEST-KIT-800-TESTS-/190493331118?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item2c5a498eae

Keith.

I ordered mine from them as well. Came quickly as I remember.

Most reactions

Back