Woo! Another N00B!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

satrop

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all! My names Steve. I live in a very very cold (-16c) Washington but I am a true Brit born and raised.

Just getting back into keeping fish again and I'll be trying my hand at some proper aquascaping very soon. But for right now I'm just getting reacquainted with fish and plant care again.

So right now I have a 10Gal planted tank, 1 beta, 9 neon tetras, 4 danio's and another that I can not remember what its called right now. I'm using this tank as my "starting tank" to tweak things that I need, that I need to remember in order to move to a nice big 50Gal tank some time next year.

New to me this week is the use of CO2 injection. And I thought I'd go all out and NOT buy a kit from the store and turn my hand to DIY. Decided to go this rout for two reasons.

1: CO2 kits can be pricy! The cheapest I found was a CO2 unit for $50 and I've seen them as a high as $400 o_O
2: I just want to see if I could make a CO2 kit.

And its working! I'll do a full wright up in another post, how its going, my trails and tribulations and some pics :D

So, thats a little about me and the set up I have right now.

welcomeani.gif
to the Forum Steve

You're in the right place to find out all you need about tank set up and C02.

There are quite a few knowledgable people for DIY C02 (I'm not one of them! 
laugh.png
)

Can't wait to see some pic when you get around to it!

Enjoy the forum! 
smile.png

Thank you very much Sir! Look forward to getting involved with some topics here.

:hi: to the forum.

You have a few problems with your stocking, but hopefully they'll be solved when you get your bigger tank next year :)

Good luck on the DIY CO2!

Welcome to the forums man!
At least you don't live further up north ;)

Welcome Steve! I'm sure you will find the answers to your questions here and likely answer some questions that others have.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

Most reactions

Back