Wish my pics were as good as Freshmike

Sorrell

If you're a bird, I'm a bird
Reaction score
I was so excited to get my new camera because I have pretty Mbunas too, and this is the best I can get: :-(
How do you do it Freshmike?

Attachments

• mbuna.JPG
    mbuna.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 39
I'm on macro...earlier today I was using autoflash and people told me to turn the flash off. I'll go try it with the flash on I guess and see what I get. :dunno:

Yeah, that's better, but how do you get rid of the glare?

Attachments

• better.JPG
    better.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 42
Here's one from the top and it still has a glare

Attachments

• topshot.JPG
    topshot.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 36
You've gotta shoot it at an angle.....like slightly left or right or even slightly up or down depending on where you are positioned. Sure fire way to get rid of the glare/reflection!!

:nod:

Pictures are lookin'good!! :D

Sorrell said:
Yeah, that's better, but how do you get rid of the glare?
Take the picture at more of an angle. Stay away from the perpendicular shot.

That's better, thanks guys :)
Please excuse the bubble wand, they dig it up everyday

Attachments

• glare_free.JPG
    glare_free.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 35
I wondered if anyone would notice...tried to keep him out of the shots, but he's sneaky, so I'll explain. :look: I used to manage a pet store and we always got dumper pacus. Pretty soon there was no room in the store, so the store paid to build me and my husband a 500gal tank on the understanding that we would take overflow dumped fish. We had four pacus, three that grew up, and then little Mongo, who you have just seen who only got to be about 5 1/2 inches. He's always been real healthy and eaten well, he just never grew any bigger than that. :dunno: We've had him five years and he hasn't grown an inch. Anyway, that big tank is sitting empty in my garage because it needs resealed, so Mongo has to live in with my mbunas for awhile ( He'd get beat up in my 150) To tell you the truth I am kind of reluctant to fix the big tank because I know we'll start getting pacu calls again (our wal-mart sells them) and I don't know if I want to do the water changes again.

I suppose this question could have been answered with just a simple "yes" but I'm just no that kind of girl :D

Well. If you want my advice....suemack and I both agree.....you need to take thousands of pics....then you end up with 20 perfect ones. :p

Let's see, I have had my new camera since January 15th and I have over 13000 pictures from it.....so needless to say, not all of them turn out...especially with fish pictures. Remember you are shooting through water AND glass...very tricky and can be a little confusing for the camera too. I do the angle thing with flash...and no flash and a tripod for tank shots. Good luck Sorrell! :thumbs:

....and yes you do have pretty mbuna too....how do they feel about that monster in with them? :crazy:

craazay :blink: But at least he has a good home :wub: I'm surprised he doesn't nibble on those mbunas though! :lol:

OMG, I feel bad for him because they pick on him! He is so sweet, one week, I won't go into the whole story, but because of circumstances involving a two year old in my house, he had to stay in a 29 :crazy: while his tank was cleaned. There were some white skirts and my livebearers and he never gave them a second look. I wish all of them stayed this size, because he is by far my favorite fish I've ever had. :wub:

I think that you will be taking pictures like Freshmike in no time - you've improved so much just in this thread alone. :D
Little Mongo is a doll and you are both lucky to have found one another. :wub:

ALASKA

Most reactions

Back