Will Super Glue Harm The Water?

nshockeyplaya

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Okay I dropped my thermometer when i took it out of the tank and the thermometer it self fell off the rest of it. It appears it was on by super glue before, I was wondering if it was safe to re super glue it myself and put it back in the tank? Just asking for precautionary reasons

I don't know if superglue is fish safe. I would think it would be once it's cured but personally I wouldn't risk it. I would use aquarium sealant to resecure your thermometer. Good luck

why not buy a new themometer there not that expensive

For the couple of $$'s I wouldn't chance it at all. My gut feeling is, it wouldn't be ok anyway.

I think that I've read somewhere that Salties super glue frags of coral onto their reefs. If so it would be safe.

Please don't take my word for it though, without checking further.

Anita

super glue was developed for quick bond of wounds on the battlefield, so if its safe for sirect contact on the blood stream then i would guess it would be safe. tho for the sake of about £2 i would just buy a new one.

No super glue was discovered by accident. It was being made to strangthen the glass canopies in figter jets.

But in regard to the posters question, I would not even dare to even try and do that. Just buy a digital thermometer they are only 6 bucks!

well it was orignally made trying to make a new plastic for gun sights, then that failed, then they tried the canopies, then that fell thru, then they decied to try useing it on open wounds and all tests were going fine and it was used in 1966 in the vietnam war, but it was never given the ok for civillian use. ;)

but ne hoo FISH RULE!! :cool:

I have heard people use it in tanks, after it is completely dry its fine. But since they are cheap I would just buy a new one.

wlel, i guses it dedns on which you buy. if toy buy 1 dollar for 6 pact at the dolar shop, theni think itsbad,. sorry,ive been wake fro 31 hoursand io just got bvack from school

Most reactions

Back