Will Seaclear Acrylic Tank Stand The Test Of Time?

gagaliya

Reaction score
Hello there, getting ready to buy a 50 gallon seaclear acrylic tank. I am looking for reviews from other seaclear owners, will the tank be ok after 1+ years of normal use? will the acrylic turn yellow/unclear etc?

also i plan to slap on 3 aquaclear power filters, will they fit on the back of the tank because i read seaclear tanks has some kind of special ledge in the back?

any experience with the seaclear tanks are welcome, thanks!

gaga

yeah i know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd respond anyways in case someone was searching for this info.

I have a 50 gallon Seaclear System II acrylic tank and its holding up fine. Its the kind that has the wet/dry filtration built into the back of the tank. I've only had it for about 4 months, but I bought it used off my buddy who had it for about 12 years. There are some tiny hairline cracks around where the back wall attaches to the rest of the tank, but 2mm long and that back wall is 3/8" thick.

yeah i know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd respond anyways in case someone was searching for this info.

I have a 50 gallon Seaclear System II acrylic tank and its holding up fine. Its the kind that has the wet/dry filtration built into the back of the tank. I've only had it for about 4 months, but I bought it used off my buddy who had it for about 12 years. There are some tiny hairline cracks around where the back wall attaches to the rest of the tank, but 2mm long and that back wall is 3/8" thick.
i have the same type of tank in a 75gal size and it too has the hazing you have but is holding up strong, i have had it for 2 years and i have no idea how old it is being i bought it used

Most reactions

Back