Will My Shrimps Be Ok?

Hey this just arived today from aqua essencials and was wondering if my shrimp would be ok if it was used?

The link: http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...products_id=545

sorry double post please deleate

My understanding is that copper will kill most if not all FW inverts. That also seems to have a pretty high concentration of copper in it relative to other ferts on the market. You might want to try something like Flourish that has copper at <0.0001%

I agree about not using ferts with shrimps. I know majority of shrimp keepers who lost shrimp due to using ferts, so they stopped using them. I had also heard of some people who had success with ferts and shrimp.

Without wishing to make more of this than it deserves, I have used the AE trace and at one point was dosing at double rate. This I am fairly sure killed most of the shrimp in my EI nano. I have since added several from my other tanks and reduced the dose rate to as per the AE website and they have not lasted more than a few weeks, compared to over a year in some cases in my other tanks which dont get the regular trace. Now this could be due to the move, but it seems to much of a coincidence. I also noticed a few of the new additions doing the whole 'crazy jerk' thing which is a classic sign of poisoning. I have now switched to tropica plant nutrition, in the hope that the shrimp survive a bit longer, then aren't cheap after all.

That said, as far as trace ferts go the AE dry mix is very good and cheap and I shall continue to use it on my lower light tanks that don't need such a high trace dose rate. Perhaps its just not for shrimp tanks.

Sam

ye sorry about that my computer lagged and i must have double posted twice sorry
Thanks for the info every 1 i guess i just wasted £10 :blush: a well...

Most reactions

Back