Will It Ever Come To This ?

Dan-25

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
poor edit job i know but i think it speaks for its self - will it ever come to this ?

bettatic.jpg

mmhmm in some of the more "Fancy restaurants" they put bettas in these little bowls filled halfway with marbles, then put the plate on top, its like decoration or something

This reminds me of a very shameful thing I did as a child. I desperately wanted a pet, so when we went rockpooling to Kimridge, down in Dorset, I captured a really huge shrimp and figured I'd take him home in a tictac box. I did but he died because I put him in a box of freshwater. I've felt so guilty ever since cos I really loved that shrimp. I only had him for a day when we were rockpooling together and when he came home with me, but he was so lovely. :(

i did things like that when i was younger too. i used to capture all sorts of things though, frogs, and minnows usually and they wouldnt last very long when i took them home. :no:

I was only about 8 or 9. I make sure I dont do stuff to hurt animals now. I guess we all do it. But that tictac box reminded me of how I tried to use it as a shrimp tank. :S

I was a nasty child. :(

god i really hope i dont walk into a fish shop and see bettas in a tit-tac container, that would be going to far, well, i think it passed the "to far line" wey back.lol
not to sound snobby or whatever, but i never used to capture animals when i was younger, i suppose we never really went on family holidays as we count aford it, usally a day out to scarbourgh or witby, but i did use to catch small fish with a net and place in a bucket, count the number i got, have competitions with my siblings then release them.

i dont think a betta would be able to fit in a tictac box lol

Yeah, until they come out with a "pygmy" betta.

shudder* Perish the thought!

mmhmm in some of the more "Fancy restaurants" they put bettas in these little bowls filled halfway with marbles, then put the plate on top, its like decoration or something
:sick:

i think i would spazz out on the owner and demand to take some home, demand to get my meal for free for being sickened by the thought of the poor and then give the owner a four hour lecture on why the poor fish is probably stressed as hell... :D

Most reactions

Back