Will Cories Eat Veggies?

K.J.

LUK ITS A FUZBALL
Reaction score
I think my cories need a better diet. Currently they're on veggie flakes and shrimp pellets with the occasional treat of frozen BW. But I was wondering, would they eat things like cucumber and zucchini or is it only plecs that do that?

EDIT: Just had a look at another thread. So then, what if I kill some mosquito larvae? Would they enjoy that? The platies would eat all the live ones.

my cories graze over cucmber, sometimes nibble of brocolii, and maybe finish off a bit of lettuce.
but often they leave them alone, prefering foods such as bloodworms, brine shrimp and tetra tabimin

Mine like cucumber, squash, and peas. They are like children. Some like one thing and others like something else...
Keep trying. :good:

I haven't tried many vege but I notice some Corys like quick blanched frozen pea(I put few in the cup with little water and zap them for 1/2 mins or so). And squeeze with my fingers after cool enough to do that and mush and skin it and dip my finger in the tank. Also the Tetras love the peas. But some will reach to the bottom of the tank and some Cory would eat it. But nobody seems to like the skin but the snails. So I dump the skin in the shrimps/snails tank. And they will disappear in few days.
After I picked up Albino Bristle Nose at the auction yesterday, I will try more vegetables.

Most reactions

Back