Will A Kribensis Kill Ghost Shrimp?

MrNiceGuy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
im thinkin of putting a single kribensis in a 20 gallon long community tank. i've read conflicting arguments when it comes to keeping them with ghost shrimp and a dwarf gourami. anyone have any thoughts? tank is well planted and well sheltered.

not sure on the answer to your question but a single Krib will suffer from being on it's own

yeah, i just read that. i don't know the evidence out there to support that claim but i'll take the word of those in the know. i mean, they're cichlids, they arent schooling fish, so i don't see why they'd need companionship any more than other cichlids but maybe i'm just ignorant.

not sure on the answer to your question but a single Krib will suffer from being on it's own

yeah, i just read that. i don't know the evidence out there to support that claim but i'll take the word of those in the know. i mean, they're cichlids, they arent schooling fish, so i don't see why they'd need companionship any more than other cichlids but maybe i'm just ignorant.

only having one Krib to start with may be ok as they wont have any companions from the start so they wont know what they are missing

yep those shrimp will be on the menu for sure , my cichlids have shrimp as a live-food treat every sunday and the kribs get stuck in just as much s the larger cichlids so i would advise against it

Most reactions

Back