will a demasoni and a yellow lab mate?

TheeMon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
will Pseudotropheus demasoni and Labidochromis caeruleus "yellow lab" mate?

also i would like to know what types of mbunas wont mate together, you know like Labidochromis, Pseudotropheus, Melanochromis (or if they will tell me that too)

dude you totally just copied amp's answer :(

anyways thats what i wanted to know, what familys are what? (is that what i listed up there) explain some plz

No they will not...I have never heard of a lab and a pseudo crossbreeding, but I have heard of melanos and psuedos.

Yeah. It's a hard call. I have around 12 different species of pseudo/melano/labido/cyno in my 180....surely going to have some X-breeding there...but w/e. We don't want to go there again.

thats what i was geting at, i wanted to know what i can keep in a tank with 100% positivity that they wont crossbreed... Labidochromis Caeruleus,Pseudotropheus demasoni, and possibly Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos "Maingano" in that tank... i have a new 40gal("breeder or so they call it i think") and i wanted to breed demasoni and yellow labs and possibly one other in that tank... its prolly only going to be those two though, but what all can breed w/ maingano's kuz i was thinking of breeding them in my regular cichlid tank...

hehehehehehe im thinking about breeding and i dont even have the fish yet :p

ok hows this sound for a 40gal tank(untill i separate the males) 10 demasoni, 10 yellow labs and maybey mainago's(undecided)
witch brings me to another question can Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos "Maingano" breed w/ Pseudotropheus's or Labidochromis's?

also bluegrass cichlids is prolly gonna get some business :)

also how many females to male ratio could i pull off sucesfully? (like 1m:7f) i know id prolly get 50% m/f but just incase, also if i keep say 2m/8f would both males mate w/ the females or just 1?

kk bluegrass cichlids's shipping was misjudged on my part... :(

anyone have a link for cheap fish(not f0 or f1's but nice quality) that the shipping is like 10-15$$?

im not paying alot for shiping

ok these were never answered and id like ta know plz,

how many females to male ratio could i pull off sucesfully? (like 1m:7f) i know id prolly get 50% m/f but just incase, also if i keep say 2m/8f would both males mate w/ the females or just 1?

witch brings me to another question can Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos "Maingano" breed w/ Pseudotropheus's or Labidochromis's?

also does anyone have a link to a site that has known crossbreeding/what ones cant-wont crossbreed?

the labs should be ok with 2 females to 1 male the demasoni should have at least 3 or 4 females for 1 male.

no idea of any sites about interbreeding sorry.

Most reactions

Back