Wild Caught Kribs

rixy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi, i have added a pair of wild caught kribs to my tank today so my stocking is now

8 x large congo tetras
10 x various rainbows
12 x various cory's
1 x rtbs
2 x kribs

how is this sounding?????

could i add 2 x rams,or,2 x keyholes??????

ps tank dimensions are 121 cm x 41 cm deep x 55 cm high( 55 gallon )

I think that you may have some problems with the rams and the kribensis together, not too sure about the temperment of keyholes though, ive never kept them personally.

how much did wild caught cost? , do they show better colours - and have they paired? i dont think kribs and rams will mix too well , and im not sure about the keyholes. how are the kribs acting towards the cories

kribs are acting fine towards the cory's.i got them for £3 each(lucky arent i lol)

1 inch per gallon, u shouldnt have over 55 inches of fish.

if each of those fish were just 2 inches long ull still be over the limit, lol

1" per gallon rule, isn't a rule it's a guide. That stocking is fine in my eyes though i wouldn't keep cories and kribs together.

:good:

1" per gallon rule, isn't a rule it's a guide. That stocking is fine in my eyes though i wouldn't keep cories and kribs together.

:good:

yea well, still a good one, i do 2 inch per gallon..

there are very few hard and fast rules regarding stocking. A tank can hold more inches of fish than gallons of water IF:

- the fish are not heavy waste producers,
- all levels (surface, middle, bottom) are filled with fish who are unlikely to ineract, or will do so peacfully,
- all fish have enough room to swim in their respective areas,
- adequate filtration is provided,
- or to reduce aggression, such as in the case of african cichlids
- (i'm sure there are some others I have missed)

however none of these are generally suggested for beginners as they require a lot of research, time and effort, water changes, and a good eye to know when enough is enough, as well as the ability to remove any fish that just WILL NOT get along, or conversely is getting horrendously beat.

Hi there rixy keyhole cichlids are really peaceful i have a pair myself but i dont think that they would mix well at all with kribensis. how is your rtbs getting along with your new kribs I dont think rams would be a good idea either as i think dont quote me on this but you should only keep one pair of peacful cichlids per community tank keep us informed on you decision and how your kribs are getting along think there easy to breed good luck :good:

everything is getting along fine at the moment.i am going to remove 4 of my rainbows and 4 of my corys and then maybe get 2 x keyholes

Most reactions

Back