Wider Tanks

007_gaz

Reaction score
hi for ages i always wanted a tank that was a bit more wider. its rare to see unless it was a display tank at a shop. see my main tank is like 13inches wide but it seems really narrow. in shops they never seem to get tanks wider than 12inches its like a standard. have u ever seen tanks of 15inches wide or more? that would be ideal.

Depends a lot on the overall dimensions of the tank how common they are.

The custom supplies all sell the deeper tanks as well as the taller. What sort of dimensions are you looking for?

You can get tanks 2ft wide. There last week I got a tank 4ft long by 18 inches wide by 24 inches high... It was a clear seal tank... Usually if you ask your local shop they can get them in for ya...

All I see is 12" or 18", as well as 24" for the 150+ gallon tanks.  I recently bought a 40g breeder because I wanted the length and width (36x18) I didnt need the height really

thats intresting with clearseal. they usually always 12 wide even 5foot one i saw. see my cabinet will take up to 15inches wide and 50inches long tank. its a proper clearseal cabinet and desinged to hold heavy tanks. the one i got now gotta be like 55g. im sure cabinet be fine with that extra width to allow fish to turn around with ease.

Aye, always worth giving clearseal a call. Otherwise places like ND aquatics or windsor or posoeidons palace.

really just depends on personal preference, where you want to put the tank, the room you have, and the fish you want to keep.....some fish are "active swimmers" and would like a longer tank

Most reactions

Back