Why My Plants Do Not Pearl, Do Not Grow?

Then perhaps the amount of it being injected is fine however the CO2 isn't getting to all the areas in the tank. Method of diffusion and/or distributing the gas should be enhanced.

disagree, if the diffusion does not work, how come the fish and snail gasping for air then?

if it is distribution problem , some problem should be fine, some are not. But now, none of them look alright.

Because it's not getting to all the areas in the tank and there will be corners etc where carbon concentration is low and will remain low even if the injection rate is increased (which is causing the fish to be gasp). If it's being diffused by ceramic diffuser and producing micro bubbles then that's great, but they've got to be distributed throughout the tank. Otherwise it's pointless.

Because it's not getting to all the areas in the tank and there will be corners etc where carbon concentration is low and will remain low even if the injection rate is increased (which is causing the fish to be gasp). If it's being diffused by ceramic diffuser and producing micro bubbles then that's great, but they've got to be distributed throughout the tank. Otherwise it's pointless.

I agree, Tom Barr tested levels of 100ppm next to the diffuser, but on the substrate at the other end it was nearer 10ppm!

i do have a glass diffuser and producing micro bubbles. i try to put the spary bar last night, try to increase the surface agitation.

just test my tank water, as London water is very hard.

tap water PH is 7.7 , GH 17, KH 11, NO3 50ppm
tank water PH 7.4, GH 12, KH 10, NO3 0ppm

i was told plant can not do well in such hard water, will this be the problem?

hard water wont be a problem, i am wondering how you manage to get from 50ppm down to 0ppm!!!

50ppm is not problem, as long as the filter is mature, my tank NO3 is zero.

so you think hard water is not problem? i am thinking to get some peat in the filter.

hard water wont be a problem, i am wondering how you manage to get from 50ppm down to 0ppm!!!

50ppm is not problem, as long as the filter is mature, my tank NO3 is zero.

so you think hard water is not problem? i am thinking to get some peat in the filter.

i know the level isnt a problem, but to get down to 0ppm from 50ppm is near enough impossible, unless you are useing a nitrate filter which is still hard work!

Depends how long the tank water was tested after a water change. Give it a few days and "50ppm" will surely come down to "0". Plus, changing the water is hardly going to be 100%, so tank and tap should differ.

I notice there might be a problem in my filter. i put a bag of activated carbon in my filter, i think it might get rid of all my fertiliser?

meanwhile, there is a bag of peat in my fiter, which was left nearly half year ago when i use it to decrease PH.

last night, i discard the carbon, and put a new bag of peat to replace the old one.

any suggestions?

I notice there might be a problem in my filter. i put a bag of activated carbon in my filter, i think it might get rid of all my fertiliser?

Apparently this is a myth and never been scientifically proven. Besides, carbon will quickly ADSORB compounds and become exhausted.

Most reactions

Back