Why Do My Tetra Hide When I Turn My Light On?

deanT

Reaction score
its a 60l tank 15w light when its turned off they swim around happily but when i turn it on then all shoot under the filter i thought at first just was a natural reaction so i left light on to get them used to it but they stayed under the fitler for 5 hours i then turned light off then they just coem straight out and i dont know why.

anyone shed some light (no pun intended lol) on the subject?

its a 60l tank 15w light when its turned off they swim around happily but when i turn it on then all shoot under the filter i thought at first just was a natural reaction so i left light on to get them used to it but they stayed under the fitler for 5 hours i then turned light off then they just coem straight out and i dont know why.

anyone shed some light (no pun intended lol) on the subject?
mine do the same thing! i got 5 neons last night! after a few hours they seem to be a bit more adventurous and stroll round the tank! i think you just need to give them time :rolleyes:

it will take them some time to get used to their new home. different fish take longer to get comfortable.

shall i just leave the light on for a good few hours more than what i normally would?

shall i just leave the light on for a good few hours more than what i normally would?
i left my aquarium light on for about 4 hours then turned it off for the night! i let natural light (opened the curtains) through this morning and left it like that! they seem to be happy swimmingaround together now! 1 of them isnt really a team player, goes around on his own! i think you just need to give them time to get use to the tank! :good:

yes it just takes them time to settle, give them a week and if they're still doing it then you can worry!

Most reactions

Back