Whos Fault Is It?

whos fault is is when a shop sells a fish that is not suitable?

• customer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • staff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dishonesty is a big thing nowadays, In fishkeeping you see it time and time again with both customers and employees.

For example a customer had me riled yesterday at work when his young daughter (about 7 or 8) let slip that the two musk turtles I had sold them a few weeks earlier were being kept in a 35 Litre tank and not the 3 foot long and a hundred and something litre tank that he had told me about when he brought them.

I bought some Geophagus over the weekend from a certain largeish retailer near my home - gave correct although rather vague advice but in the background there was something distinctly wrong.

On a shelf (anywhere there was a gap in fact) where a set of tiny plastic cubes each with a tiny plant and... a fighter fish. Gobsmacked I was.

Didn't stop the sale of the geophagus but does dramatically reduce the credibility of the shop in my mind at least.

Perhaps if sales of fish were treated with as much regulation as sales of knives and tobacco thousands of needless deaths could be avoided.

perhaps you should read the whole thread. but who cares. you clearly dont. my comments stand. opinion? yes, valid, yes. whatever you think.

wow a little senstive are we?...no-ones dismissing your point of view (even when you dismissed someone elses)..what i am disputing is how you can dismiss someones argument because it doesn't relate to live goods and then base you argument on the something not related to live goods either...the flaw in your argument is as clear as day.

if you see a sign "BANK". you would assume, rightly, they know their job. why should "Whatever Aquatics", not follow the same rules?

This is too simple...

A bank sells a service which is often long term. If you're intending to trust them with your money then you like to know that they know their job inside out. If you're an lfs then you don't sell a service, you sell a product which is a one off sale. If lfs's looked after your fish then the comparison might be valid however at present, it quite simply isn't.

Most reactions

Back