Who Has Or Does Keep Male/female Betta In Same Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Have you kept male/female betta in same tank?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Rather not say

• Total voters

chrismr

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am just curious as to other peoples experience after just reading a reply to someone who got flamed for suggesting keeping a male and female in the same tank.

How many people have actually kept them together in the past and what were the results?

I have housed a male with 3 females, plus other fish, in a 70 litre community tank and there was no abuse of the females by the male. He flaredat them, but that is it.

No flaming, please. Most all the bettas have moved on now, with the exception of one female.

Yes, I know this is a controversial topic of sorts...but am really curious.

I keep all of mine separate. I used to keep males with other fish, until one or both of the parties would be shredded to bits. We keep the males and females next to each other during spawn times, but not in the same tank until she is ready. I suppose it is possible, just like humans. Some people will get along, others will not. Just like cats and dogs aren't suppose to be together, but many live in harmony. If it worked for you, great. It hasn't for me.

I suppose I should just add... I am not suggesting that people should lighten up and just mix them all together.

My curiosity is based more on how many people in this hobby speak from personal experience, or just pass on what others have said.

I believe it is good to listen to the advice and experience of others... but think about it.... people used to (sorry, still do) think that bowls are ok for goldfish. How many other incorrect opinions exist in this hobby?

i havent but i know someone who has and he says that they just flared at her and that was it

Most reactions

Back