Who Built A Web Like This?

Littlemonkey

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Loads of stunning webs on this misty morning, but spotted this most unusual one. Quite a feat of engineering. It has a base sides and a top. Anyone have any idea. I'm based nr Stratford-upon-avon. Sorry about the pics, took them in a hurry before I went off to work.

weird web 1.jpg

weird web 2.jpg

weird web 3.jpg

weird web 4.jpg

The strange thing is I was going to cut the plant down ready for the winter. Good job I didn't. Depends on what created it though :crazy:

From that web I would guess at a Labyrinth spider, although in the pic it looks a huge web!

Thanks guy's, just googled it. Web sounds alike except I couldn't see any tunnels or an egg sack. Maybe they had already hatched? When I got home that evening all that remained was the base and a little bit of the top. It's a pity it's not a slug eating spider, got plenty of them. Anyone want one as a pet :lol: their free to a good home.

I'm glad that where I live I won't have to deal with that thing... My country (UAE), is in the desert, and most of the insects and birds that I see in my country are being introduced, but the only thing I worry about is the tarantula that we have!! It usually gives me nightmares :sick:

I can see the tunnel in the 4th picture, top right, see the top 2 leaves follow the stem down to the 3 leaves just behind them looks like the tunnel, you can just spot it in the other pics too. Whatever it was it was a big un!!!

Oh yes, I can make it out now. Didn't have a chance to out in the Garden this weekend, If the weather improves next weekend, I'll be out there scouting.

Most reactions

Back